Chapter 22:Something Unexpected

Regina threw herself up to a sitting position on her bed. She just had the most unspeakable dream, which made regaining her composure and control over her breaths difficult. Though she wasn't sure if it was Emma's threats beginning to sink deeper into her mind, she went to check up on the children.

Peering in and seeing what she thought was them both, still, sound asleep in their parts of their shared bedroom, calmed Regina's nerves little by little. But then again, she wouldn't know until the next morning that neither were in that bedroom that night, but in the yellow bug that had helped put a start to this whole thing.

As Emma drove on, Hope and Henry sat together in the back seat. Hope fell asleep after a short while, and Henry wrapped her black zebra print blanket tighter around her. The rain began to pour down as Henry peered to see a suitcase in the trunk of the car. "Is that your stuff?"

Emma nodded."All I need."

Henry hadn't realized how literal he should have been taking Emma that 20 minutes before when he and Hope crawled into the backseat."Wait, we're leaving now?"

"Yup. I'm getting you both away from this. And away from her."

"No! Stop the car."Henry exclaimed, in a whisper as to not to wake up his sleeping sister."You can't leave Storybrooke. You have to break the curse."

"No! I don't. I need to help you two."

"But you're the hero."Henry started on," You can't run. You have to help everybody."

"Not so loud, you're going to wake your sister. Henry, I know it's hard for you to see it, but I'm doing what's best for you. That is what you wanted when you and Hope brought me to Storybrooke."

Henry wasn't about to give up this time."But the curse. You, you are the only chance for everyone to get their happy endings back."Seeing no response from Emma and the sign of leaving town, he jerked the wheel hard left.

That jerk of the car wheel throwing her head forward a moment, along with the cry "Henry!" from her mother's lungs, was enough to bring Hope back to her conscious state. The car swerved off the road as Emma caught her breath, checking on Hope first."Are you okay, back there?"

"Uh yeah. I-I'm fine."Hope nodded.

"Ok, good. Ugh!" Emma flipped her attention back to Henry. "What on earth do you think you were doing? You could've gotten us all  killed!"

"What's going on?"Hope asked her brother. "Henry.."

He didn't answer, though, he in fact, instead jumped into the front passenger seat."PLEASE! PLEASE DON'T MAKE US GO! WE CAN'T GO!

That line and looking at what lay across the road, Hope now understood. Though half awake, she continued to listen to Henry's ordeal." Your place is not out there; it's here! Everything is here! Me, Hope, your parents, your family. Please, Emma, they need you; they need the savior. Your family needs you."

Regina, noticing the apples on her glorious apple tree beginning to rot, visited Mr. Gold at his shop the next morning. "Your majesty, to what do I owe the pleasure?"Mr. Gold asked.

"My apple tree is dying," Regina muttered, placing it on the shop's countertop. "Why?"

"Perhaps, it's your fertilizer."

"You think this is funny?"Regina asked."Well, I'll tell you what I think. I think it's a sign of the curse weakening because of Emma. But do you care? No. You're content just to sit back and do; whatever it is you're doing while all my hard work burns."

"That's not it. Come on! Might as well; get everything off your chest."

"I don't believe I know quite what you are talking about," Regina responded.