Chapter 25: Lets Eat

Eli's POV

It was now 5:30 and I was bored out of my mind. I've been in 3 meetings since noon and I was getting to the point were I wanted to say fuck it and just leave. But I knew I couldn't. Grandfather is counting on me to be able to take over for him and I will. Unfortunately days like this will become apart of my normal routine. Once the last meeting was over I went back to my office to grab my things. When I opened my door I was both happy and annoyed to see my brother sitting at my desk.

"There he is."

"When did you get back?" I asked him while pushing his shoes off my desk

"Few hours ago. Had to take care of some things before coming here. Wanted to properly congratulate you. Sad I didn't get to throw you a bachelor party."

"I've been to your parties...I'm good. Mia world fucking kill me. And even if she didn't I'm still good on having one."

"Damn. I planned to fly out a few dancers from Morocco..."

"Well I know what you actually mean by dancers, so I'll repeat Mia would fucking kill me. I wouldn't cheat on her anyways"

"Fair enough. So you guys busy tonight? Thought we could all go to dinner"

"Actually we're having dinner with Martín and Sia tonight."

"Espinoza? Are any of the other daughters gonna be there?"

"You mean Valentina?" I ask smirking.

"I have no idea why you'd ask that."

"Ash...do you really think I don't know about you and Val? Come on. Give your big brother more credit than that"

"I'm not confirming anything but even if there had been something going on it doesn't matter. She's engaged now so hypothetically speaking whatever might have been going on no longer is"

"Yeah but that engagement has been going on for two or three years. I doubt it even happens. You okay though?"

He shrugged then started to randomly fuck with things around the room

He shrugged then started to randomly fuck with things around the room. He always did that to distract others so they become more focused on the objects he might break than the conversation.

He's always been private when it came to his love life. I can respect that but he's still my baby brother. I just want him to be happy.

"Look no matter if she goes through with it or not you'll find someone who deserves you bro. Which will suck for you"

"What...why?"

"Because...she'll have to meet our wonderful yet very over protective cousin, that's why. I was lucky she liked Mia from the start. But you know how she is about you. She's worse on women than mom. And Kay isn't passive aggressive like mom. She'll just straight up say she doesn't like them"