Chapter 10: Stress Relief / Fight Me

(10 Months Later)

(10 Months Later)

Eli and I have been doing great. We've both been busy lately so we try to spend as much time as possible together when we can. He's taking over for his father in two weeks so he's had to deal with a lot of meetings with other families apparently. Bry and I did start training but it was just the two of us. I wanted to do it seeing as I didn't really like what Taz and Ari were teaching him.

It's been three days since I've seen Eli and I was missing him like crazy. He had to go out of town for business with his family and was supposed to be back some time today. I'd just finished up with a client and decide to grab some lunch. I'd just made it to my car when I felt someone wrap their arm around me.

"Hi, Baby. I missed you." I said smiling.

"You've never called me baby before but I could get use to it."

That's not Eli

I shove the guy off of me and turn to see that last person I was expecting.

"And what exactly could you get use to?" I lean to the right of Shane to see Eli, Taz, Ari, and my brother all standing there looking at us. Eli has his arms folded and looks like he had already come up with multiple very violent ways to kill Shane. I pull away from Shane and walk over to him.

"Calm down. Uh Shane...well first hi. I'd like you to meet Elijah James. My boyfriend."

"Boyfriend? Mia...do you know who he is? And I mean really know who he is?"

"Yes, he's my boyfriend. How do you know who he is?"

"I-Erm...Everyone in Miami knows about him and what he does. You can't be serious. He's dangerous"

"Yeah. I am dangerous. And you're putting you're life in immediate fucking danger if you don't fucking walk away, right now" Eli chimes in pulling me into his body.

"Okay no! There will be absolutely no fighting." I say to Eli. I turn to Shane and try to be as calm as possible. "Maybe you should go?"

"Wow and I thought you said you were too busy for relationships?" Shane asked looking a little hurt.

"Not for the right man" Eli said kissing my neck.

"Shane I'm really sorry. Not for being with Eli but for putting you in this awkward situation."

"It's okay. You know I could never be mad at you, gorgeous. I'd love to catch up sometime. Give me a call when you're available." He said smiling at me

"Don't hold your breath waiting...actually scratch that. Go ahead and hold it until she does" Eli chimed in

Shane shook his head and left. I pulled myself out of Eli's grip and walked back inside then to my office. He followed and shut my door, locking it behind him.