Chapter 3: Construction

It's been a month since that night at the club

It's been a month since that night at the club. I never heard back from Elijah and since he blew me off the day of our date and...other things about that day I decided to just forget the whole thing and focus on my work. I have orders to work on and no man stops my hustle.

I have to admit I was a bit distracted that next day after the club by checking my phone every 15 minutes. Elijah said he'd let me know about our date so I was excited. I went and got my hair and nails done just to be stood up. He never even called or text to apologize. And when I tried to reach out to him his phone was disconnected. If he didn't want to actually go out with me he should've never asked. But you know what...fuck him.

I'm just finishing up some sketches for a client when I hear what sounds like drilling. The empty space next door to my boutique was bought a few weeks ago and it's been under renovation. And to say that the noise is driving me crazy is an understatement. I couldn't take it. I got up and walked over there ready to go the fuck off on whoever the owner is.

I walk inside and see a lot of construction workers stop what their doing to watch me.

"I'm only gonna ask this once. WHO THE FUCK IS IN CHARGE HERE?" I yell.

A guy who looked really familiar came out of a back room. He looks me up and down.

Ew...Pig.

I'm just now realizing how I must look walking into this dirty place dressed the way I am.

"Ma'am how may I help you" he says smiling at me

"I'd like to know when this shit will be done so I can actually get some piece and quiet to do my job." I snap at him.

"Look, I'm sorry but it'll be at least another two to three weeks of this. There's nothing I can do about it. The boss man wants it done right so..." He shrugs and I roll my eyes.

"Three weeks...fine." I leave not wanting to be stared at any longer.

I can work from home and I usually end up going directly to my client homes or wherever they may be so not being in my actual boutique isn't really a problem. I just prefer it.