Chapter 22: The Honeymoon Pt1

This chapter is dedicated to
smutwhore_  alisa_ward  🥰
************************
I watched as Mia and Karri talk while Mia held Thor on her hip. God she looks great. I can't believe she picked me. ME! Of all people to spend her life with.

"She looks amazing" Taz says pulling me from my thoughts.

"Yeah she does." I say smiling. "And she's all mine"

"So how long until I have a niece or nephew?" He said chuckling.

"Honestly? Within the next year. I had so many fears about if she'd regret life with me but we talked last night. I still don't think I deserve any of it. The wife...kids"

"E...you do deserve it all. You may have a not so perfect job but that doesn't mean you don't deserve happiness. Don't let your thoughts ruin the good thing you have. Whenever those fear become to loud in your head tell me. I'll scream in your ear until they're gone"

"Thanks Taz. For everything. I know the shit with Ari hasn't been easy for either of us."

"Nah it wasn't as hard as you thought. I never said anything because she was our friend but Asher wasn't the only one that noticed shit she was doing. I knew she had a crush on you when we were kids but I figured she grew out of it. I realized it was a possibility she was still into you when Mia came into the picture. When you weren't around she'd make little comments but I just figured it was because she was always protective of you. Definitely didn't think she'd go all Swimfan on you."

"You and me both. But things are good right now so I don't wanna think about her or any other crazy shit. All I wanna go do is dance with my wife then go spend some much needed alone time with her"

"Well it's all set up for your guys...just don't hurt her!" he said knowing what I had planned for Mia when we leave.

"No promises there but she'll love every second of it."

He pats me on the back and I walk over to Mia.

"Baby, give my cousin her child."

"But why? He's so cute Eli" she said hugging Thor

"Well I'd really love to dance with you at least once"

"Oh ok!" She exclaimed with a big smile.

Karri takes Thor and goes over to King while Mia and I walk a little further away from them. I look at Taz and he turns on some music for us.

Golden Hour by JVKE

"I didn't even know you knew how to dance"

"There's a lot of things you're gonna learn about me tonight."

"Mhm can't wait." She said leaning her head on my chest as we slow danced. I held her tighter and closed my eyes wanting everyone and everything else to fade away.

"Thank you Mia..."

"For what baby?"

"Loving me. Giving me a chance...hell a second and third chance. You didn't have to but you did and I'm forever thankful that you didn't give up on me like you could've. The day I met you in person Bryson said something to me and I realize now he knew we'd make it to this moment before I did."