Chapter 2: Mia Palucci

What the hell is wrong men today? As if I don't have enough shit to deal with I have this creepy...attractive but still creepy guy calling and texting me. And why the hell was he shirtless?

Those tattoos though...
Stop it Mia! He's just another distraction!

And I don't have time to lose focus. My business is going way too well to let some buff tattooed guy to come and ruin my plans.

"Who was that?" I heard my best friend Aubrie ask.

"I don't actually know. Wrong number I guess..."

That wasn't necessarily a lie. He did in fact call me originally because he had the wrong number. And he did they to apologize for bothering me. I kind of feel bad for being such a bitch to him.

I decided to text him apologizing for hanging up again but also said to leave me alone.

"So what are we doing now?"

"I need to go by my boutique to grab my sketchbook and then head home. I'm taking the next two days off to spend it with Bry so I want to get some work done before we go out tonight." I said staring at my phone.

Why hadn't he replied yet? I apologized so the least he could do was accept it. What an asshole!

Aubrie dropped me back off at home and I spent the rest of the day working on sketches for my clients. By the time I was done it was dark out.

"Shit. It's already 7:45. I need to get ready" I thought said to myself.

I put my things away and take a shower. I quickly did my hair and make up and by the time I'd gotten dressed I heard

"Mia! Get you're ass up!" I heard Aubrie screaming at me from the other side of my bedroom door before she opens it.

"I'm in the closet!" I yell back.

She walks in and watches me finish getting dressed.

"Damn...you look fine as hell babe" she says while spaying some of my perfume on herself.

"Thanks boo! You look fine as fuck too

"Is PB ready?" I ask her.

"It's his 21st birthday and you're taking him to one of the hottest clubs in Miami. Of course he's ready" she says while laughing at me like I'd asked something stupid.

PB is my baby brother and he was finally 21. Since he was 15 he's wanted me to take him to a really nice club and get him a VIP section. Well he's always been a good kid and never giving me problems so he will get just what he wants. Once I finished getting dressed we all caught a Uber to the club and since I'd already gotten a VIP section I'd made sure to have my name ready at the door so we would be waiting in line. Once we were at our section we sat down and a server came over. She asked for our drink orders. Aubri gets a martini, PB a shot of patron, and a whiskey neat for myself.