Chapter 17: Happy Birthday, Ms. Palluci

Eli's POV

Eli's POV

It's been a few days since that meet up with Sophia and her father. Today I have that meeting with Martín and I'm hopeful that Sophia isn't with him this time. Mostly I'm just hopeful she got the point but she's always been stubborn.

I wish Martín was the only meeting I had to day. Unfortunately he called last minute to postpone. Which now made him my last meeting of the day. I fucking hate talking to people if I'm being honest. I wish I could just delegate this shit to Taz or Bryson. I knew taking over for my dad would be more work but fuck it's annoying. The only good side is I spend most of my time thinking of ways to kill people.

I use King as my go-to victim in my head most day but I won't be telling Kay that.

Looking at my clock on the wall I see it's only 11:57am. Making me run a frustrated hand through my hair. I decided to get focused and get through the day until it's finally time for Martín to get here. When it's finally almost time to see him I hear a knock at my door but when it opens it's just Taz and Bryson.

"Sup, Bossman." Taz says as he sits down in one of the chairs in front of my desk, while Bryson sits on the couch to my left.

"I have one last meeting then we can head out. Is everything ready for tonight?" I ask Taz

"Yup. You sure Mia is gonna want that though?" He asked looking concerned.

"I know my sister and no matter what she says she wants to do it." Bryson says, tapping away at his phone and not even looking at us.

"I agree. I think she needs this. As my future wife and queen of this family she's deserves it. She's put up with a lot while being with me and I need to show her that her feelings and wishes matter more than she knows or think they do."

Before either could respond I hear another knock on my door.

"Go open the door, dickhead" I say to Taz.

He gets up but makes sure to roll his eyes before he does. When he steps out of the way I was surprised to see Aléssia Espinoza and Sophia walk in without their father.