48-Team 13

Jinhai sat on one of the desks in the academy, kicking his feet and letting them fall back to knock against the wooden side with a thud. He, Kuria, and Eiji had been waiting far longer than anyone else for their sensei to show up. They had the exam to become genin at least a week ago, but their sensei had said they were putting off assigning jonin leaders until later on. Today they had finally been called together, and yet their sensei was still late.

"This is nuts! They're so late I have to wonder if they're showing up at all!" Eiji huffed as he began to pace around the room. "How dare they keep the future ruler of the world waiting!"

Kuria looked up, a red mark on her forehead from leaning on the desk so long. "Since when are you the future ruler of the world?"

"Well I'm the best genin out there, so it's only a matter of time."

"Oh? Are you sure you don't want to choose a different goal? I mean, it will be awful lonely at the top won't it?" There was a glint of mischief in Kuria's eye as she leaned on her hand.

Eiji stumbled slightly as he came to an abrupt stop. "Lonely? Why would it be?"

Humming slightly, she shook her head. "I mean, of course you'll have fans, but being that powerful will make people scared. Honestly, you'll be rather hard to approach if you ask me."

"Er... well then... Maybe not ruler of the world per say... maybe just um... a very powerful shinobi." Eiji nodded his head. "Yeah, I'll be the most powerful jonin! It shouldn't be hard, I'm already stronger than half of them!"

Kuria shook her head as Eiji disappeared into his fantasies. "I'm shocked at how quickly he recovers sometimes."

"Yeah." Jinhai looked at him. "I'll chalk this one up to stupidity though. There's no way he's stronger than a jonin right now."

Before anyone could respond to that, the door slid open. All eyes snapped to the entrance of the room, eager to see who would be their sensei. Jinhai was off the desk immediately, running and embracing the figure.

"Aoi-sensei!"

"AH! No fair Jinhai! I'm always supposed to be the first to attack him!" Eiji looked slightly pissed before Kuria lightly knocked him on the head with her fist.

"Like I've said, you shouldn't be attacking Aoi-sensei."

"Why shouldn't I!? It helps me improve doesn't it?"

"He already teaches you after academy lessons!"

"You should always seek to get stronger! After all, I'm going to be the strongest jonin!"

"If you keep picking fights with people stronger than you, you won't even make it to chunin!"

"Hah! Nobody is stronger than me!"

"But you haven't even landed a single punch on Aoi-sensei."

The earth-shattering logic in that statement sent Eiji reeling backwards, the color draining from his entire being as he slowly fell to the ground in defeat.

Disregarding the argument, Aoi turned on his heel. "Come along and I'll explain what we will be doing." He didn't wait for a response, instead just walking off. The three genins waited a moment before dashing after to catch up to his retreating back.

_+_

"I would like you to become a jonin instructor." Tsunade leaned forward and smiled happily, as if it was only natural.

Aoi stood with slight incomprehension. "Pardon?"

"You heard. I want you to become the jonin instructor for some new genin that graduated last week. That was the reason I suddenly sprung the jonin test on you." Tsunade's smile grew slightly. "Neji was offered the same."