37-Begin the Jonin Test

Neji had a calm expression on his face as he stood facing Tsunade. She hadn't said anything yet, but Shizune did tell him that there would be one other shinobi joining them. Just when he was beginning to wonder if the other person would even show up, the door opened and Aoi stepped through. A grin crept onto Tsunade's face as she recognized the blue haired boy.

"Looks like you're both here, so let's get started." Both boys nodded and faced her with serious expressions. "Both of you, as you know, are chunin. After careful revision of past missions by myself and a few of the higher ups, we decided that you are strong enough to become candidates for promotion to a jonin position. As such, we have arranged for the two of you to take a small test before we move on with any further talk of such a promotion." During this, Neji's eyes had widened slightly in surprise. "This is, of course, completely optional, so do not feel like you must take this test immediately. If you do wait, however, be aware that you won't have a chance like this until we think that you are ready once more."

Neji stepped forward only slightly, before kneeling down with a fist to his heart in a salute. "Hokage-sama, I would be honored to use this chance and take the test." Smiling slightly, Tsunade wrote something on a piece of paper, then turned to Aoi for his answer.

Seeming to think for a moment, Aoi looked over at Neji, who was still kneeling in front of Tsunade, before returning his gaze to the blond haired woman. Almost like he was unsure of himself, Aoi too knelt beside Neji, answering much in the same way. Tsunade's grin widened and she rolled up a scroll, placing it to the side on her desk.

"Well then, let's get started. I assume you are both free today?" When neither responded, Tsunade nodded. "Alright then. Would you please come in now?" She raised her voice only slightly, and two people walked through the door. Neji and Aoi stood to face the newcomers. "I would like to introduce Tenzo and Michi. These two will administer your first test, so please show them the respect they deserve."

Aoi took both people in. Having already met Michi, his attention went to Tenzo. His face was plain with nothing remarkable, but he gave off an aura of strength. Looking at the older man, Aoi got a sense that they would be seeing more of each other in the future. Clapping lightly, Tsunade brought all eyes forward, gaining the attention of everyone in the room.

"Alright, I would like Tenzo to test Aoi and Michi to test Neji. I'll see you all tomorrow." With that she gestured for the four to leave the room, and they did so. Michi immediately walked off down one direction in the hall, Tenzo taking off the opposite way. After a brief glance at Aoi, who simply nodded back, Neji followed after the blond. With no other guidance, Aoi kept pace with Tenzo as they exited the Hokage's offices and made their way to the outskirts of the village where the training grounds were.

When they got to the training grounds, Tenzo stopped and turned abruptly to face Aoi. The blue haired boy halted, and looked up at the anbu. "Now then, this is your first test. Here's the scenario, you and your team were assigned to a palace and steal it's map. Midway through the mission, you are noticed and captured. Because of this, you are now locked in the dungeon, and your teammates are with you. Free yourselves and gather the map, then return to the 'safe zone' by getting 20 meters away from the building."

Before Aoi could ask what building they would be using, Tenzo was making handsigns. When the older man was finished, wood began to grow out of the ground, and soon Aoi was surrounded by it like a prison. Three clones appeared of Tenzo and they all looked to Aoi to see what he would do. Aoi supposed that these three were his 'teammates' as they were all wearing blue bandanas.

His attention shifted from the three clones to further examine his surroundings. He unconsciously placed a stick of pocky in his mouth and Hane reached down from his shoulder to bite off the biscuit ending. Closing his eyes, Aoi made handsigns and focused his chakra. Not being born with wind nature, the jutsu was harder for him than for Murasaki and it took a few moments before Aoi reopened his eyes.