12-New Mission, New Allies

"You leave tomorrow morning. I expect you to have returned by midmorning one week from your departure," the Hokage faced the group before him seriously. Reactions from the group ranged from excitement to apathy. The two teams put a fist to their chest in salute and bowed before walking out.

For a while the group walked together through the village, general chatter throughout. One by one though, people left. Soon it was just Ibiki and Aoi, along with the ever present escorts that accompanied the latter of the two. Now that they had been assigned a mission however, the escorts became Aoi's teammates.

After a week and a half of them following Aoi without a word, the male began to speak. "It has been way too long since I've gotten out of the village," so saying, he stretched his arms above his head. Faintly audible cracks could be heard from the popping of his spine.

Turning, the girl faced him, "I suppose so. It's weird, but now that I think about it, it has been about a month or so." Almost as an afterthought she added, "Quit popping your back, it's gross."

Seemingly trying to irritate the girl more, the boy began to pop his knuckles as well. The girl, Migota Kidoairaku, rounded on him, her honey blond hair fanning out. It was long enough to be at her waist, so it made for quite the dramatic affect. Her brown eyes glistened a deep color of melted caramel as she glared at the boy. "What's wrong," he popped another knuckle, "Migota?"

His smile couldn't be wider as he faced the girl. Ibiki had bid farewell when the two had begun talking, so now Aoi was the only one who stood to the side. The boy, Murasaki Sumire, had eyes that shone with challenge, the violet shade tinted indigo in a sign of enjoyment. His hair was short, as opposed to Aoi's, and such a deep red wine shade that it seemed slightly purple. "Murasaki, why must you insist upon bugging me like that?" Her head tilted back in exasperation as yet another knuckle was popped.

"It isn't that bad is it?" The grin stayed on his face. Migota humphed a little, turning away from him. Murasaki's grin faltered slightly, and he made a slight 'aw' sound in the back of his throat. "Fine, I'll stop."

Migota's turned back to him, "Good." Aoi started to walk as their conversation died off, noticing this the two quickly followed the bobbing blue head in front of them.

They walked for a while before stopping in at the market. Aoi had recently taken to living on his own, though for now Migota and Murasaki stayed with him. It had been quite awkward at the beginning, as none of them had spoken. The two protectors stayed silent because they thought Aoi was odd, Aoi because he saw no point.

As they walked home with the food, Migota and Murasaki fell into step beside their silent companion. "So, Aoi, how do you feel?" Migota got around to asking eventually.

Aoi blinked once before his attention turned to the girl beside him. She was only older by a year, but based on the Hokage's glowing reccommendation of the two, it could be assumed she was strong. "I suppose I am well," was all that Aoi said in reply. The conversation died off.

Murasaki spoke next. "You aren't very social are you Aoi?" When all Aoi did in response was tilt his head, Murasaki chuckled a little. "I'll take that as a no. When someone asks how you are, you usually ask them back. It's a way some people like to start a conversation."

"I see." Aoi's gaze turned to Migota. "How do you feel?" Aoi's head tilted slightly with the question.

A smile lit upon Migota's face, "I feel well, thank you for asking." There was a lull of silence.

"Hey Aoi, how did you become chunnin anyways? Didn't you just graduate with the last group of genin?" Murasaki regarded him with interest.

"I did, but the graduation occured a day before the finals of the chunnin exams in Suna. The day they assigned teams, I was told of an option for me to become a chunnin. I hald already beaten a jonin, they said, so if I make it there fast enough, I could be a chunnin as well. The Hokage mentioned something about special circumstances." The two nodded in understanding, their surprise at hearing that Aoi beat a jonin well hidden.