7-Therapist in Training

Aoi stood calmly amongst his teammates as Kakashi explained what they would be doing. It was the day after Kakashi had awoken, and they had already discussed how Zabuza was alive.

"Today we'll be climbing trees." Kakashi said happily, "without hands."

All of them, excepting Aoi, looked at Kakashi as if he were a complete idiot. "That's impossible, believe it!"

"Not with chakra it isn't. This is training for controlling chakra." Kakashi nodded to Aoi. "Aoi will demonstrate. First you gather your chakra to the souls of your feet. Then you simply," A vague gesture was thrown at Aoi as he took a step or two up the tree, "Climb."

All of them stared in shock as Aoi walked calmly up the side of the vertical tree until he was about halfway up, then he just stood there. "How are you doing that!?" Naruto shouted, pointing.

"You're so cool Aoi! When did you learn that!?" Sakura squealed in a fangirl moment.

When Aoi looked down, his hair was out of his face for once thanks to gravity. His sapphire eyes shone out dully as he raised his voice slightly in answer. "Chakra. I learned it when I was younger."

Sasuke turned to Kakashi, "We can already use chakra though, why do we have to learn this?"

"Because you aren't using chakra to the best of your ability. In the middle of battle, you'll lose control and focus, so this training will help. It will also help to prevent you from using too much chakra in your techniques. The bottom of the foot is said to be the hardest part to gather chakra to, and climbing trees requires a steady supply." Kakashi looked at Sasuke, and the boy just humphed in acceptance.

"Um... What's catra?" Naruto finally spoke up.

"It's chakra Naruto!" Sakura accompanied this with a hit to the head. "Didn't you pay attention at all in class or when Aoi explained it at the academy?"

"I slept during the hard lessons."

After a brief explination of chakra, the three got to work. Aoi walked back down the tree and stood next to Kakashi, watching them. After a while, Kakashi spoke.

"You've been training for as long as you can remember, correct?" At a nod from Aoi, Kakashi continued. "How many jutsu have you mastered in this time?"

After brief thought, Aoi responded with, "187 jutsu."

Kakashi's eye widened slightly at the number, but he didn't show any other sign of surprise. "What elements do you have?"

"I was born with water and fire, but I was trained with wind as well." Aoi glanced over, "Why?"

"Because even though you are a fighter on par with me, I'm still your sensei for now. I'm rather curious as to your level, that's all." There was another silence that stretched for quite a while. Kakashi broke it again with a command, "I want you to train as well, but you can't be found out by the other three."

"When am I expected back each day?"

"At dinner. Start training tomorrow, and I'll watch you for an hour or so." Aoi nodded and sat down where he was cross-legged.

_+_

That morning they were all sitting around the table for breakfast when Sasuke, of all people, spoke.

"How did you climb the tree so easily Aoi?"

"I had already learned it." Aoi tilted his head to the side slightly.

"Where?" Was Sasuke's next question.

A silence stretched in the room as Aoi stared at Sasuke from shadowed eyes and Sasuke leaned forward into his hands staring back. Without a word, Tsunami stood from the table after a moment to do the dishes. Tazuna slid out of his chair headed toward the hallway that contained the bathroom. Inari had already excused himself sometime ago, shutting up in his room reclusively.