19-Orochimaru's Attack (Part One)

Aoi paid no mind to anything as he walked down the street. The sun sweltered, making it a rather hot day to host a tournament. He was currently making his way to the stadium in Konoha, where the third round of the chunnin exams would be held. Murasaki and Migota stood at Aoi's sides, much as they had for the past month. The crowds around the trio were bustling and full of life, most going to the stadium or stopping at stalls for a quick snack.

"Sure feels like a festival." Migota commented. "Reminds me of the first time I was in Konoha during the exams. I was younger then of course."

"They've only been held here twice in my memory. Was that really only five years ago?" While Murasaki said this, he was staring at all the food stalls and games in awe, much like a child would.

Migota stared plainly. "You're such a glutton." Murasaki opened his mouth to complain, but Migota was already saying something else. "We took our exams in Iwagakura, remember that?" The two continued to chat amiably as they made their way ever closer to the stadium. As they drew closer, the crowd grew thicker and the air warmer from the amount of people in such a condensed area.

Eventually the trio was in the stands, gazing over heads of shinobi and civilians alike, looking for a seat. No sooner had they stepped into the area than there was a shout. "Aoi! I haven't seen you in forever!" All eyes turned to their left as a waving Kaori stood amidst the crowd of those sitting. To her side were her teammates, Kodomo and Ryo, as well as a few empty seats. They made their way over and sat down.

The instant they did, Murasaki and Kodomo were arguing and glaring at eachother. Migota just sighed at the antics of the two. "Hello Aoi, how have you been since our mission together?" Ryo leaned over to talk past the people in between them.

"I have been well lately." Remembering what Migota said, he went on. "How are you?"

Smiling in a friendly manner, Ryo responded. "I'm well. Aren't some of your former teammates in this tournament?"

"Really!?" Kaori looked between the two. She was always shocked at how Ryo seemed to know everything. "I didn't know that Aoi. Who are they?"

"Naruto Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha." Aoi said with a nod. There was a lull in the arguement between Kodomo and Murasaki, since the former of the two stopped what he was saying mid-sentence when he overheard this.

Everyone looked toward the now silent duo as Kodomo spoke. "You know the Uzumaki kid?" Aoi simply nodded. "Is he as much of an idiot as they say?" There was a hint of a smile in Kodomo's eyes when he said that.

"I am not sure. What have people said about him?" Everyone on Kaori's team looked at Aoi in disbelief.

"You really don't know?" Kodomo was looking at him like his head had disappeared. When Aoi shook his head, he went on. "Where have you been the past decade? He's always playing pranks and flunking tests, or so my parents said. To be honest I'm surprised he made it this far in the test."

Without thought, a glare appeared on Aoi's face. He wasn't sure why he did this, and so the glare soon faded to be replaced with his apathetic demeanor. The other five flinched back at the glare, which was harsher than it had been at the beginning of the chunnin exams.

"Geez Koko-chan! Don't you know it's impolite to say things like that about people's friends?" Murasaki said after getting over Aoi's reaction. Kodomo looked from Murasaki back to Aoi.

"I-I'm really sorry Aoi, I didn't mean anything by it." Aoi just nodded. He sat straight backed staring down at the arena where the competitors stood. The fights soon started, and everyone forgot about the incident that had just occured.