10-Teacher and Student

The glare that had been on Aoi's dissipated, as if made of mist. He regarded the room as a whole, though the shouts from his classmates in the back of the room did draw his eye. No answer was offered to the question posed at him, in fact Ibiki did the opposite and started to give more directions.

"Come forward and draw a number. This will determine the seat you will have for the written exam." It took a while for Naruto and the others to process this information, but soon Naruto's head was hung in defeat at the prospect. The genin in the room filed forward, drawing the numbers from the cylindrical box. Soon everyone was seated, but ten eyes kept glancing at Aoi in curiosity of why he was there.

The other proctors filtered into their seats on the sides of the room, but Aoi remained calmly next to Ibiki as the older man began to explain the test. Eventually the test had started and the room was dead silent. There were small movements and noises, and quickly locating each, Aoi could tell exactly who was cheating without fail. Next to him, Ibiki smirked slightly and leaned down.

"Some of them are actually pretty good at this." Responding to the near silent whisper, Aoi just nodded. "Do you think you have everyone's methods of cheating yet?" Again a nod. Ibiki sighed slightly at the boy, but gave in knowing that was just how Aoi was. Names began to be called out, and people began to leave the room as the other proctors caught them cheating.

It was near halfway through the test, when Ibiki leaned down again. "I want you to call out three methods of cheating for those who think that nobody has noticed." Aoi looked at Ibiki, and the question in his eyes made Ibiki smirk slightly. "You'll see."

Gathering breath, Aoi's mouth opened and he spoke three words that made a few pencils drop. "Mirror, puppet, and animals." Some people froze slightly, but when nothing else was said they continued with their test. The few people who were involved in these cheating methods cast a fearful look at Aoi, but continued their testing and cheating, albeit being more careful. Ibiki nodded slightly to himself.

Aoi turned to Ibiki, "I don't understand why you wanted me to do that." His whisper mimicked Ibiki's in the tone.

Ibiki scratched the back of his head before the somewhat stern gaze that was held in his eyes turned on Aoi. "I'll explain it after the test then." Aoi simply nodded and the test went on as normal. Though Aoi was rather perceptive, he failed to notice the tension in the room after he had said that. Everyone was on edge now, wary of the chunnin proctors once they realized Aoi had called out the cheating methods of people. From that point on, all of them were more careful, and because of that many of those who were about to be caught for the last time weren't.

The time for the final question finally came, and all the genin were tense in their seats. Some put up a facade of being relaxed and confident, but the tension was infectious. Ibiki's voice rang out in the silence of the room, explaining the question and taking a few questions along the way. When it came down to their choice, there was a lot of hesitation.

After a glance at Aoi, a hand rose. The team practically flew out the door. Once the initial person had risen their hand, the floodgates seemed to be fully opened. Soon there were barely thirty genin teams in room. Most of the teams had left in fear of remaining genin forever and, after Aoi's display, of the blue haired boy. Two more teams left. Naruto's hand shakily rose, and Aoi glanced in vague curiosity before the blond's hand slammed down loudly on the desk.

"Don't underestimate me! I will not run!" Everyone in the room looked at the blond in shock. "I'll take it! Even if I'm a genin forever!" Steel came into Naruto's eyes as he went on, looking Ibiki dead in the eye. "I'll will myself to become Hokage anyways, so I don't care! I am not afraid."

Ibiki's face was serious, deadly so. "I'll ask you again then. Remember that your life is riding on this decision." Aoi looked at the two as a whole, and vaguely saw the slightest hint of a smile in the shine of Ibiki's eye.