2-A Place to Live

After reading the report from Inoichi the Hokage sat in shock at his desk. One of his former students, one of the legendary sannin. He had known that Orochimaru had fallen into human experiments, obviously continuing after he had left the leaf, but this was something so inhumanly wrong that he thought no one, even Orochimaru, would attempt it. He was wrong.

Looking up at the people in his office he tore himself from his thoughts. Surrounding him were Ibiki, Inoichi, Michi, Kakashi, Asuma, and a few other anbu from the team sent to take the hideout. They all looked at the Hokage with the upmost respect in their eyes, as well as a burning curiousity, putting Inoichi aside. Aoi was currently on the rooftop where he was told to stay until fetched by a leaf shinobi.

Finally, seeing that the Hokage was done reading the report, Inoichi spoke to break the silence. "What would you like to do Hokage-sama?" His eyes held a disturbed look from seeing Aoi's past, regardless of all the years he had spent doing this.

"He could clearly be a shinobi. The only question would be if we should let him, all things considered." The Hokage studied Inoichi's reaction to this. Judging by the way the man grimaced a little, Sarutobi could tell that Inoichi was more than a little put off by the thought.

"What do you mean Hokage-sama? What happened to Aoi down in that room?" Michi looked to the leader of the village worriedly. She hadn't been let on to Aoi's past, only Inoichi and the Hokage knew, though telling anyone about it would be hard.

The Hokage came to a split second decision in that moment, "that will remain classified information for the moment." He gave Inoichi a glance and the man nodded slightly in acceptance.

Michi didn't push it, and for a while there was a silence amongst the group. Kakashi spoke, "concerning the boy then, what do we do with him? Will he be a danger to the village?"

The Hokage folded his hands in front of him, resting his chin on the top. "I don't beleive he will pose any threat for the moment. I beleive we should treat him as we would any other boy, perhaps even enroll him in the academy. He is mentally... ill at the moment, so he could be unstable. I beleive once he learns more about emotions he will be fine." There was a glance at Inoichi to see if the man agreed, but he looked away. "To be sure, we'll send him to the hospital for a few days. After that we will look at putting him into proper living quarters. Michi, I would like you to take the boy to the hospital, if you would?"

"As you wish Hokage-sama," Michi saluted with a slight bow before leaving. As the door shut behind her the Hokage turned to the rest of the jonin and anbu members before him.

"I trust all of you, more than most of my advisors, which is why you are all able to hear this conversation now. This boy is to be treated as if he lived in the village his whole life. If you talk to him, answer any questions he asks you about the meaning of words. You will all be keeping watch over him for the time he is here, for safety purposes." The Hokage hesitated, unsure if he should say the next part. Finally, he went on, "if at any point he becomes unstable to the point where he may attack someone, I would like you to intervene. Only use force if nescessary. If you do end up fighting him, use extreme caution, for all we know he could be above an anbu level. Does that about sum up his strength Inoichi?"

The man thought back to the memories he had gotten from Aoi. "Most assuredly Hokage-sama."

The eyes of all the members around the room widened considerably at this. Though a kid being strong wasn't too strange, for him to be this strong with unknown training was nothing less than frightening. After setting up a gaurd schedule amongst themselves, the shinobi left the office, leaving the Hokage to his thoughts.

_+_

When Michi found Aoi where she had left him on the roof he was looking around every which-way apathetically. Every once in a while he would hear a shout or laughter, maybe even a yell directed towards pranking children. Each sound he would turn to, analyze then something else would catch the boy's attention. When Michi finished climbing the stairs, Aoi turned to regard her after hearing her footfalls.