31-The Rival of Aoi

The sky was gray and had been for days as the temperature began to drop. Winter was coming, and everyone in Konoha showed this as the number of hats and scarves increased drastically. Aoi walked into the academy dressed in normal chunin attire just as the first few flakes of snow lazily drifted to the ground. The warmth of the building brought forth a chirp as Hane peeked his head out from Aoi's hair with feathers puffed up.

Reaching almost on instinct, Aoi scratched the back of the bird's head as he continued to the classroom. Nearly two weeks ago Aoi had completely taken over the class, and Iruka now taught the class of a recently promoted chunin. When he slid open the door, the quiet chatter ceased and all the children ran to their seats. In the back of the room a group of girls giggled as Aoi made his way to the center podium, while one boy at the front of the room was bouncing excitedly, his shock of orange hair waving around with the motion.

Jinhai waved excitedly and Aoi nodded at him in greeting. The smile that Jinhai got on his face was glowing with happiness at the simple gesture. After getting through calling role, Aoi took out a few pieces of chalk to begin the lesson. He was just starting to go over the introduction to chakra when the door flew open with a slam.

A couple girls screamed slightly in fear and the entire classroom jumped at the noise. By the time any of the students looked over at the door, Aoi had already pulled a kunai, assessed who it was, and slid the weapon back into his pouch. Murasaki stood in the doorway with a huge smile on his face, but soon enough Migota was behind him huffing hard as she had tried to catch up to her teammate. She hit him on the head and he fell into a crouching position holding the growing bump.

It took a second, but soon enough laughter rang through the classroom at the pair. The noise seemed to snap Murasaki out of his pain, and he quickly crossed to Aoi.

"I didn't bump into anything on my way here! It worked!" Murasaki was practically bouncing up and down as he said this. "Aoi, you're a genius! I never would have thought of using a jutsu like this, but it's like I can see again! Except for colors I guess... and distance... and... Ah whatever! This is like a miracle!"

Migota finally caught her breath and grabbed Murasaki by the ear. "Sorry for interrupting your class Aoi, he just ran off after yelling something about a success." She looked over at the rows of students before bowing lightly. "Sorry for the commotion."

"Who are these two Aoi-sensei?" Jinhai raised his hand, then pointed at the two chunin.

Aoi glanced at the class then turned and faced forward. "Class, these are my teammates, Murasaki Sumire and Migota Kidoairaku."

Instantly 'ooh's and 'aah's rang through the class at the new information. "Are they chunin too Aoi-sensei!?" One girl stood up, her hand raised, though she didn't wait to ask her question.

Murasaki smiled. "You better believe it! I'm one of the strongest chunin you'll ever meet girly!" Migota hit him on the head again, before smiling at her.

"We are, but Aoi is probably the strongest on our team."

"Do you have special abilities like Hanabi-chan?" The boy who spoke pointed over at a girl in the back of the classroom. Migota instantly noticed her lilac eyes that were a sign of being a Hyuga, and assumed that the boy was asking about the Byakugan.

Scratching the back of his head Murasaki hesitated a moment before speaking. "Nah, the Hyuga's are very special see. Their clan is the only one with dojutsu like that."

"Aoi-sensei!" A girl in the back of the class raised her hand. "What are dubotsu?"

Migota smiled at the girl's small mistake in pronunciation and Aoi began to talk. "Dojutsu is a type of jutsu that is often passed down through families. The ability is in the eye, and when you send chakra into it, it activates. Depending on the type of dojutsu the person possesses, they can do various different things."