Chapter Three- Late Night Counseling

Scarlett laid in bed and wrapped her hair around her finger as she looked at the card between her other fingers. With her phone by her side, she took a deep breath and attempted everything she could in order to forget about Mr. Scott. But somehow his voice, his eyes, or even his gentle almost-touch brought his back into her mind. She decided to remove herself from the temptation and made her way into the bathroom. Looking in the mirror, she noticed how greasy her hair had been and decided to take a shower. As she removed her clothes, she ran her fingers down her neck, down her chest, and to her stomach were a scar resided. Flashes of her life before-events that she would much rather forget lingered in her memory. Closing her eyes, she entered the shower and attempted to free her mind.

        Making her way back into her room, she found it impossible to ignore him. She was not sure what it had been, but she had to be incorporated with him in someway. Unsure and not caring how, she picked up the phone and dialed the numbers with her anxious fingers. It rang once and her stomach dropped. In that moment, she realized she was unsure on what she would say. In a panic, she hung up on him and made her way to the opposite side of her room. Terrified on if he would call back, she paced back and forth and found her nightmare to become reality.

        Wanting to hear his voice, she answered.

        "Scarlett?"

        "How did you know?" She asked with a slight giggle.

        "You were the only person I had given my card to that I don't have the number under a contact name."

        "Oh..." She said feeling both stupid and embarrassed.

        "No worries Scarlett, there is a reason you called...what did you want to talk about?"

        "My brother..." She said in a low tone. "I miss him..." She said running her fingers back where the scar had been.

        "If you don't mind me asking...what happened exactly?"

        She stalled for a moment to muster up the courage to answer him. But it was as if all the pain came rushing back to her. The night it happened, the funeral, the memorial at the school, it all hit her and she began fighting the tears.