Chapter Forty One

Walking into school the next day, she felt as if she had turned over a new leaf. The once depressed adolescent girl that was practically a walking carcass of unsettled emotions was now a happy soul with no weight. Aside from first period. Julian Scott. The man she thought she was falling for until she met his brother, step-brother. He was everything Julian was not including available and sweet. He was also selfless except when it came to what he wanted with her. Sitting in her first period class with the man who was her first kiss, she held tight onto her phone as it buzzed under her desk. She was texting Errik. Even his text messages were sweet and his response time impressed her-made her feel important. At the end of class, she was asked to stay behind as she normally was. Only this time, Claire shot her a look of disapproval.

        "So...I see you and him are official..."

        "What?" Scar asked as she lingered closer to the door than Julian.

        "Listen, I'm sorry. I just...nobody has ever said no to me before so hearing it is hard to swallow. But I do want happiness for you so I wish you two luck. Truly..." He said with complete truth in his eyes.

        "Thank you...I need to be going though..."

        "One last thing..."

        "Yeah?" She asked, turning quick toward him.         

        "If he hurts you....I break his face."

        She couldn't help but smile. But as she walked through the hallway she just thought. If he was more like that to begin how she would feel about him. But her thoughts were interrupted by being swept up in the arms by Errik. His muscles clenching around her, his soft lips against hers, and his rough hands upon her waist, pulling her against him.

        "I want to take you on a date...If that's alright..."

        She nodded. "Where?"

        "It's a surprise..." He said as he opened her car door.

        "Do I need to change?"

        "No. You look beautiful-as always..."