Chapter Twenty Three- Lashing Out

"I need some air." She said quickly as she opened the door and made her way outside the car. Looking around, she noticed they were completely alone aside from a streetlight in the distance.

        "Are you alright?"

        She looked at the ground, avoiding eye contact with him. Even though she had just met him, he understood her more than anyone she had known her entire life-especially Claire. She took a huge breath in and refused to release it to anger her subconscious. Everything in her gut told her what she had been doing was wrong. Between two guys-two older guys that were related. It was obvious to her that she felt something strong for both of them. For Errik, she had the emotional connection but with Julian, she held the physical connection but nothing more.

        "I'm just thinking..."

        "Talk to me about it..." He said going to comfort her but she jumped back.

        "No. Stop doing this! Stop being such a nice guy. I'm not a nice girl-"

        "Don't say that. Scarlett, you are one in a million. You are just torn between what you want and what you desire..."

        "Stop reading my mind! I just want to get out of this cement town!"

        Errik looked around for a moment before looking up at the sky then back at her. "Where do you want to go?"

        "What?" She said, now more calm then not.

        "Where do you want to go? New York? Washington? Florida?" He said with a giggle.

        "I have to be at school tomorrow...."

        He stood there in a thinking stance trying to make her laugh. Although she didn't laugh, she did smile. "I have an idea..." He said extending his hand. "Do you trust me?"