Chapter Eleven- Possibilities

"Come on, you can't wear that!"

        "Why not?"

        "Because you aren't forty and not divorced. Wear something more age-appropriate..." Claire said, tearing through Scar's closet until she found a tight dress from a few years back. "This."

        "No way! Everyone can clearly see I'm a girl, I don't need to prove it to them..." She said blushing at it. 

        "Well maybe you'll find some hot jock to ride yo-"

        "Stop it. Not all relationships are just-sexual..."

        "Yeah...sure, welcome to this century. That's all guys our age want..."

        "Yeah...OUR age..." She murmured.

        "Just put it on. I'll meet you in the car in five. And put some makeup on...something that compliments your lips...make guys look at them..."

        Reluctantly, she slid herself into the dress but found it fit her perfectly. The light purple color complimented her dark brown hair incredibly well as she placed lavender makeup on as well as a nude lip. Spraying perfume onto herself, she quickly slipped into a pair of short heels before meeting Claire in the car.

        "That's more like it..." She said before blasting the radio and heading towards the party.

        As they pulled up. It was obvious the party was one of a college fraternity. Boys of older ages were lingering on the lawn as they saw her. She wore a cut-out dress that covered her chest and waist down. Scar moved herself from the car and walked in to find a raging party. Music was blasting, people were dancing, and drinks were flowing.

        The minute they arrived, Claire left her to fend for herself as she went off to find company. About five minutes passed before Scar was hit up by a nice looking man. He wore preppy clothes and wore his hair slicked back-looking like the perfect poster child for abstinence.

        "Can I get you a drink?"

        "I don't drink..."

        "Hmmm...Me neither..."

        "Oh really?" She said, pointing to the drink he held in his hand.

        He giggled. "Yeah, I carry it around to keep my hand busy. So girls aren't writing their numbers on my hands..."

        "Arrogant much?" She said, not holding back.

        "No...Oh, you aren't from around here...No, it's rush week in which the girls of the sorority houses force their pledges to do bizarre tasks. The girls are currently hitting up every party this week and writing their phone number on guys. Whoever gets the most call-backs gets something special..."

        "Oh..." She said completely embarrassed. "I'm sorry..."

        "No worries. I knew you weren't from around here..."

        "What makes it so obvious?"

        "I would have remembered eyes like yours..." He said, tossing a loose hair from in front of her face and placing it behind her ear.