Chapter Six- Underneath the Long Branches

Scarlett waited anxiously after school for Mr. Scott. An hour and a half passed until he emerged from the building. Holding a breath, she released it as he placed his hand on her back to lead him to his car. As they walked, he gave her a warm smile the entire walk. Going on her side of the car, he opened her door and allowed her to get in. She looked around his car and noticed how it was spotless. Not as much as a receipt laid in the car, and in the glove compartment was a flashlight, manual to the specific car, and a map to the city. A few CD's sat in a holder on the driver's side of the car and a state park sticker on the left side of the car as well. By the time she discovered all of this, he was in the drivers side with the key in the ignition.

        "Where to first?"

        "Do you know where the library is?" She asked, not looking directly at him.

        He nodded.

        "You go straight and take two lefts then straight and then a right."

        "And what will be there?"

        "One of my favorite places..." She said, slightly blushing.

        Not hesitating to ask any questions, he listened to her directions until it led him to a section of forest. Stopping the car, he noticed how there was nothing but trees.

        "I do not mean to talk down your favorite place-"

        "You have to walk a little bit..." She said, opening his car door and beginning to walk through the trees.

        He followed close behind. She turned quickly and he walked right into her, they crashed against one another. Turning back around, she apologized and continued walking. Although she was unable to see it, he was unable to stop smiling as he saw her.

        They walked for some time before she brought him to a tree. A weeping willow tree.

        "This is it..." She said as she went under the long hanging branches. Leaning against the tree, she watched as he looked around.

        "It's very tanquil...it's like entering peace..."

        "Yeah..." She said, unsure what to say next.

        "This will be our place..." He said placing his hand against the tree-running it slowly down the bark.

        She imagined his hand no the bark to be his hand against her skin, rubbing her soft skin over and over again as his lips followed. Relieving soft moans from her mouth as she bites her bottom lip in order to stay quiet. Her fantasy was quickly snapped to reality as she heard her name called.

        "What? Sorry..."

        "When did you find this?"

        "When I got out of the hospital...I walked home-"

        "You walked? After JUST being released from the hospital?"

        "Yeah...My mother left my dad and I...well I made her...She offered to take me with but I told her I couldn't leave dad...but sometimes I wish I would have..."

        "Well for whatever it's worth...I'm glad you stayed." He said looking deep in her eyes as he went to place his hand on her cheek, but stopped himself. "We should get back, it looks like it's going to rain..."

        And with that, they left the tree, both knowing they wanted one another, but it not being said...