Chapter Fifty Three

Minutes turned to hours as Scar awaited anxiously for Claire to get better. She knew it was not a process that would happen overnight but she hoped desperately that she could at least hear her voice. She saw anxious as Errik did not leave her side. Just as she felt as things would be good between them, another person made an appearance. She froze as her heart stopped. She knew how both of them were hot-headed when it came to her and even possessive. But she was terrified that Errik would never be able to forgive her if he knew what she did.

"What are you doing here?" Errik asked with an interrogating tone.

"I thought I would come see my student." He said with a proper tone. Something different from what Scar had seen. He was usually sexual and frat-boyish but he was mature in this instance.

"Oh." Scar said breathing out quickly. Relieved but feeling as if his comment had double meanings. He never looked to her once.

As he entered the room, he hovered over her and appeared to be saying something before leaving.

"What did you say?" Scar asked, desperate for his acknowledgement just to know her secret would be safe.

"I wished her well." He answered as he refused eye contact with her.

He left without another word, leaving them confused.

Another night passed and Scar awoke in the middle of the night on Errik's arm. She was awoken by her phone buzzing in her pocket. Julian had texted her and her heart froze once more. As well as her gaze. He told her how he wanted to tie her up and tease her as he felt she was doing to him. Not responding to his messages, he came to the hospital once more, stating how he was in the staircase.

She met him there and found him to look dashing as always. His adolescent long hair was shaggy as if it was the just-screwed hair she loved. He smelled of vanilla and pine which had a strange intertwine that enticed her ever so. This made her breath hitch. With no warning, he locked the staircase door and pushed her against the wall, placing her right beside the door he placed his hand on her leg.

"Admit it, you were dying for me to control you. He can never do this to you because he is afraid he'll hurt you..."

"I don't want to do this."

"Then why are you letting me pin you like this? You want me to touch you?" He asked as he slid his fingers underneath her skirt. She rested her head on the wall but Errik's face popped in her head.

"No.." She said, her voice hoarse.

"Then push me away." He said with a grin-knowing she was unable to.

To his surprise, she did. She pushed him back and he nearly fell down the stairs. Catching himself on the railing, he gave her a stern look.

"Wow...you must really love him..." He said as he unlocked the door and slammed it. This woke up Errik. He stood before them and shook his head before closing his eyes.