Chapter Thirty Seven

Scarlett and Errik had an incredibly awkward car ride home until one of the finally decided to break the silence of the overplayed songs on the radio. Sitting in the lot before the pool house, Errik took her wrist as she went to leave.

        "You have to know, you and I can never be anything..."

        "We're friends..." She said giving him a sweet smile, his words burning her heart.

        "You know what I mean. That was the second time we kissed and-"

        "And we haven't talked about it..." She said getting out of the car-forcing him to do the same to continue the conversation.

        "Can we talk about this in the house please?"

        "After you." She said rolling her eyes.

        Standing in the entry way to the living room, Scar leaned up against the wall as Errik was on the opposite side of the room, against the door to the kitchen.

        "So? Explain...what do you have to say about the kisses?"

        "In my defense you kissed me both times."

        "You kissed me back. And made it even longer the last time!"

        "You know nothing about me! Why do you insist on this?"

        "Because I know all I need to!"

        "Really? I could be a serial killer for all you know. Plotting you as my next victim."

        She walked up to him and danced her hands on his chest before putting them back to her sides.

        "Then kill me." His expression changed to surprise. "Do it."