Chapter Twenty- Conversation Among Friends

Scarlett quickly went to rush out of Julian's class before he pulled her by her arm back. She could tell by his expression he was now calm but his eyes still showed a form of aggravation.

        "I have to go home."

        "This will take a few minutes. Keep the door open if you like." He said gesturing toward the now open door. She looked at it and went by him who was now sitting behind his desk. "Who was he?"

        "Who?"

        "The guy from last night. Dark brown hair...stood about...here..." He said placing his hand to Derrik's height. "Blue eyes..."

        "Just a friend..."

        "Yeah...like I was..."

        Scarlett quickly turned around to avoid his contact. She quickly glared at him as he placed his hands on her waist.

        "Let go of me Julian!" She said arousing suspicion of others passing by.

        He quickly released.

        "You said it. You WERE...as in past tense...I want you to leave me alone. We are done." She said feeling empowered as she walked away from him with her book pushed against her chest.

        As she walked through the halls of the school, Claire caught up with her. Wearing messy make-up and the same clothes as the night before, she gave a guilty look to Scar.

        "Who is it this time?"

        "his name is Joseph...he's a bit older but..."

        "I have no room to judge..."

        "Did you-"

        "No. I didn't find anybody. But I'm working on it. There is this one guy I just met...you'd like him. He's southern. Hauntingly amazing blue eyes and sweet words."

        "That can be dangerous though...he could just be putting on a front..."

        "Nah..He's genuine. I can tell. Looking into his eyes-"

        "Okay hold it, it's like you have known him your entire life but you just met him right?"

        "Yeah..."

        "Just be careful..."

        "Always..." Scarlett said slamming her locker shut and making her way home.