Chapter Eight- Apologies and Confessions

"I am so sorry...." Scarlett said as she made her way into class after school.

        Julian sat on the other side of the desk with a disapproving yet humored look.

        "What for?"

        "For assuming something that wasn't there...I am so embarrassed...I just thought that you saw me as more than a student..."

        "I do."

        As he said this, she gulped. Now dressed in her normal attire, with little make-up remaining, he removed himself from beneath his desk and locked his classroom door.

        "But...you turned me away..."

        "I don't want you when you are someone else." He paused and walked close to her, touching her cheek softly with his hand. She felt heat radiate down her cheek, down her chest, to between her legs. "I like you when you are like this. Completely innocent. Completely unknowing of what I am thinking or wanting."

        "You do have interest in me?"

        "Any man in their right mind would have interest in you...but that can be dangerous...especially in my position..." He said moving his arms-displaying the room around him. "I have never done this before..."

        "Done what?"

        "Been with someone so much younger..."

        "How much?" She asked as she moved to the opposite part of the room.

        "Ten years."

        It took her a minute to process the amount of time before she realized her thoughts and spoke them aloud.

        "I don't care. You treat me like no one else does. You are the only person I know to not say "I'm sorry" about my brother's death. Instead, you make me feel better about myself and my life. My life that I am ashamed to live in to be honest."

        "Why ashamed?"

        "Because I'm inexperienced. I am not what you want..."

        "You are so completely wrong."

        "What do you want?' Her voice now cracking.

        "I want to tie you up and kiss you until you crave more. And tease you, make you tense until you melt before me-slowly whispering my name until you scream it...." He came closer to her. "That's what I want..."