Chapter Twenty One- Cruel Words From Kin

As Scarlett made her way home, she found her father to be sitting in the kitchen. When she walked in, he gave her an arrogant smile as she slowly shut the door and placed her backpack on the floor-also kicking off her shoes.

        "How was your day?" He asked with a tone of frustration.

        "Alright-"

        "Well I'm glad yours was! I came home last night to find this house trashed! Dishes piled to the ceiling as well as the laundry and a broken beer bottle on the ground! Your brother would have never done anything like that!"

        She stood there and took the words as she always did. But since she did not respond, he grew even more frustrated.

        "Answer me!"

        "I'm sorry. I didn't drink it. I took it out to get some food and it fell. I started hearing stuff outside so I hid in the bathroom until I went to bed...I'm sorry."

        "How old are you Scar?" He said now raised to his feet, standing in front of her.

        "Old enough to be brave enough to deal with noises."

        He slapped her right across the face before pushing her against the wall. "You getting smart with me girl?"

        "No." She said holding her cheek.

        "Look at me!" He screamed, grabbing her stinging cheek. She pushed him off before making her way to the opposite side of the kitchen.

        "Stop yelling at me! I am killing myself to make YOU happy. You know why mom left? It is because of you! Of this consistent bickering. She couldn't deal with you!"

        His face became completely red before he went to charge her. Quickly, she ran out the front door and Derrik happened to drive by. Seeing her condition, he threw open his car door and she jumped in. He drove fast, but not quick enough to hear her father's harmful words.

        "You were a mistake! You will get knocked up just like she did! I am so glad you leaving that way I don't have to pretend to care anymore!"