3: Ever Met A Candy Man That Hates Sour Candy?

Y/n got up this morning, had a shower and put on clothes for work. She settled on a sweater and a black skirt. It wasn't too short nor was it that long.

Once downstairs in the kitchen, she took out a couple eggs from the fridge to make scrambled eggs with toast for her parents who were still asleep.

She cracked the eggs, put them in a bowl, whisk them up, added whatever additional ingredients she wanted to before putting them in a pan that was on the stove.

The sizzling of the eggs filled her silence. Whilst that was cooking up, she placed the sliced bread into the toaster and waited for the 'ding' sound she would hear, signaling it was ready.

Y/n forgot the eggs on the stove and rushed to them quickly before they burned, almost tripping on her own feet as she did so.

Sighing out of relief, she scraped it from the pan onto a plate. She laughed to herself, internally glad no one was there to see that

Unknowingly to her, the detective saw the whole thing. Letting his lips curl upwards for a couple seconds as he watched her.

L had sent Mr. Yagami and Aizawa both home as they hadn't seen their family in days. He alone would look at both the families.

He needed to improve his multitasking skill anyways. If in the small 6% chance he had missed something, he had planned to watch the footage over again anyway.

Y/n covered her parents' food and went out the door, heading to work. L had noticed she doesn't eat, it concerned him deeply.

The female took the train and headed to work, as she always does from Monday to Friday.

One of the reasons working at a candy store is somewhat great is seeing excited kids that run in, eyeing everything as if they were in heaven.

She could tell the parents enjoyed it as well but one thing they didn't like was dealing with the tantrum their kids made if they didn't let the youngster have a certain piece of candy they wanted.

She'd seen it happen daily.

"Mommy! Mommy! Can I have this?"

"I want this!"

"I wonder what this would taste like!"

"This place is so yummy!"

This lady with the short black hair had four kids who was running up and down the store, looking at what they wanted.

"Remember, two pieces each!" she said loud enough for them to hear over their loud excited voices. They nodded and went back to loudly conversing on what they should get.

"I'm sorry, sometimes I can't control them." she laughed

Y/n smiled at the mother, " No need to apologize, every kid that come into here is the same." she assured. She looked at them happy and giggling with one another, " They're adorable."

"Aren't they? I'm so lucky to have them."

Three boys and one girl.

"Mommy, we're finished." one of the sweet little boys spoke for all of them. She cashed them out and handed it back to her kids.

Once the lady paid, the little girl was crying.

"What happened, Aiko?" She stooped to her daughter's level, Y/n wondered the same thing.

"Aiya stole one of my candies and ate it!" she cried even more.

Typical.

The mom looked at the guilty boy with disappointment. Whilst she was talking to the little boy, asking why he did it and such, Y/n left behind the counter and picked up the exact piece of candy the little girl was crying for but instead picked up three.