8: Apple For Your Thoughts?

Y/n hadn't seen the task force in a couple days.

L changed hotels the day after and hadn't reached out to her since their small argument. She went out for a while, just to clear her head.

She found herself in front of the university her mom hoped she would've gone to.

Part of her felt terrible that she had let her mother down, the other part knew it wasn't her fault she couldn't turn that expectation into reality.

"Why am I even here?" she sighed.

Y/n turned around to head back home.

"Y/n!"

She stopped in her tracks and turned around. Light ran up to her, "What are you doing here?" he panted.

"I..." The girl exhaled harshly, "I have no idea."

Light looked at her, she didn't look all that well.

"I haven't seen you since L moved hotels, he's been asking for you."

"Oh." she cleared her throat, " He has?"

"Everyone has,"

"I haven't been feeling all that great, think I could be coming down with something." she lied.

"You do look terrible."

She lips pressed together, "Thanks, means a lot."

Light stepped back and Y/n watched confusingly as he did so, "It's not contagious is it?"

"I'm leaning more on saying yes if it'll make you step further away from me."

He laughed ,"I'll let them know, okay?" Light placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Thanks."

He turned to walk away when she grabbed his arm, he stopped immediately, "Do you mind telling me where you guys are in the investigation?"

"Sure, there's a cafe right there," He nodded over to the right of the university, " We can go there and I'll tell you everything."

Light led her the a small cafe, it wasn't all that crowded. She took a seat by a table far from the other people inside

"Just one second."

He went to order a drink which she assumed was for himself but was surprised when he came back with two.

He sat one in front of her and stole the seat opposite the slouching girl.

It was her favorite drink that she always ordered in any cafe she visited.

"Thanks." she murmured.

"I'll spare you the boring details." he started, taking a sip of his coffee, " When we made the tape pretending to be Kira, we requested that he stop killing aimlessly."

"Good, knowing the second Kira they would obey the original."

He nodded firmly, "We received a diary from the second Kira yesterday however, it more or less says he wants to meet Kira at the home game."

Y/n tilted her head, "Is he stupid?"

He laughed, "L says that we could broadcast the diary, announce the cancellation of the game and install more security cameras at the Tokyo dome. We already went to Aoyama and looked out for people with note books. All that's left are the clothing stores in Shibuya."

Y/n leaned back, "Wow, it is a lot, isn't?"

Light chuckles, "It sure is."

"It seems like you guys have everything in control, there is no need for me."