20: Forgive Thy Enemy, But Only After They Have Been Hanged

The plan was going smoothly.

Matsuda was appearing on Sakura TV, about to expose Higuchi for being Kira. Of course he was in a panic, driving all over trying to get Matsuda's real name in order to kill him before he revealed that he is in fact, Kira.

Wedy placed cameras and wiretaps in the bastards car so the task force had a front row seat to witness his meltdown.

Mogi and Aiber waited at Yoshida productions which is the agency Misa was a part of, considering Matsuda was Misa's manager, they would have records of his real name.

Once Higuchi arrived he got his name and wrote it down but of course the name was a fake. Seeing he didn't die he had a hissy fit in his car.

"Did writing his name all he had to do to kill him?" Light asked.

Y/n nodded, "Seems so." knowing exactly that's how it worked, "L, maybe we should move in."

The crouched man shook his head, eyes not leaving the monitor.

Misa groaned, "What are you waiting for then?"

L ignored the blonde as he usually does.

"Rem." Higuchi called, "I want to make the deal."

Light's head jerked back, "Rem? Who's Rem?" he scratched his head, "What deal is he talking about?"

Higuchi laughed creepily over the monitor and started driving. It would only make sense if he would head over to Sakura TV to see Matsuda.

With the eyes now he was invincible.

"Rem is his shinigami."

"Are you serious y/n?" Light scoffed, "You're telling me those exist?"

"Yes, how else would you explain everything that happened?"

He considered it for a moment, slowly realizing she may be right.

Higuichi got pulled over by a traffic cop, immediately writing his name in his book, killing him instantly.

"L! He's too dangerous, we need to move in!" Y/n grew angry seeing him just sitting there, just watching.

He looked at her, seeing her rage building up.

Exhaling deeply, he picked up a mic, calling all units involved, "Move in now." he stood up looking at the h/c haired girl and the neatly groomed killer next to her, "let's join the fun shall we?"

Ryuzaki pulled out a pair of handcuffs, restraining Misa to a chair.

"Damn Y/n, you're in trouble if he likes restraining people." Misa winked.

Everyone could tell L was holding back a much needed smile,

"Lets's go." he ordered.

"GO? YOU'RE LEAVING ME HERE?" Misa yelled as the three walked out.

"Sorry!"

The detective led the two to a helicopter at the roof of the building.

"Who's flying this thing?"

"I am."

Y/n eyes widened, "Pardon?"

L gave her hand a reassuring squeeze, "I wouldn't let any unprofessional fly if you were on board."

L took her hand and helped her on the backseat whilst Light took the passengers. L distributed the headphones as Watari approached, hopping in next to Y/n wearing all back holding a sniper.

"I'll give you $20 to snipe me out." Y/n sighed, gripping the seat as they lifted into the sky.

Y/n watched the back of L's seat and avoided looking down at all cost. She saw watari hold his sniper like he was ready to shoot.