32: Party Time and Past Times

Author's note: Thank you all for the support <3

The detective landed in Japan, it was a lot more lively than he last remembered.

But he wasn't here for games, to look around or take pictures of a bird or a flower. He was going in with one mindset and one mindset only...

To end Kira's reign of terror.

Light was either going to end up in handcuffs or in a casket and L would make sure of it even if it meant he would be buried in the cold ground beside him.

Upon arriving to the SPK, L wasted no time in entering the building and going through the security that laced the establishment.

"Near."

"Hello L, I am glad to see you have arrived safely." Near smiled, "Let us get to work, shall we?"

L wasted no time in taking a seat, crouching on it and hogged one of their computers

Anthony Rester entered the room. He was a big buff guy, like he spent his weekends at the gym. He ran his fingers through his short blonde hair and sighed.

"Tomorrow's confrontation day."

"Are you scared commander Rester?" Though it sounded like a genuine question, Near's tone of voice made sure the question sounded like it was one of out mockery

"No." he huffed. Rester was a big guy, what should he be scared of? That would be a normal thought if they weren't dealing with a magical note book that killed people, "I want to know what's the plan."

Near started, "We are hot on Light Yagami's trail so when we meet in the abandoned warehouse, it will give him the perfect opportunity to kill me as he will be seeing my face."

Near positioned himself on the floor, laying on his stomach as he started playing with action figures Y/n had bought for him.

"We have reasons to believe that he has an accomplice."

L stopped what he was doing and looked at the teen on the floor, "Accomplice?"

"Well Yes, there is no way for us to get his accomplice as there are too many suspects so when a person at the warehouse enters the premises, it will trip off the sensors and then there is where you, commander Rester, will come in and arrest him on the spot." The white haired boy flicked the wooden blocks causing them to topple over, "Of course Halle and Giovanni will accompany you,"

"Sounds risky." Rester says as he sat on the chair next to the pale skinny male crouching on the seat.

It was risky. They had a primary suspect who had 'guilty' written on his forehead but they had zero evidence and that was the frustrating part.

There was a 3% probability that everyone would make it out alive, while it was scary it had to be done. If they don't do it, who will?

The police that backed out along with the government years ago?

"Yes but we will be able to get the evidence we need, he would be bringing his accomplice and the book out of hiding." L spoke up looking up from the screen, " In doing so we can match his handwriting, find Higuhchi and Y/n's name and it will all lead to Light. Aizawa should be bringing the notebook the NPA has, is that right Near?"

"That is correct." Near assured while he made his action figures fight each other.

Rester had no idea what they were saying really as this whole situation was confusing but the blonde just nodded in understanding anyway.