14: Solving Crime and Looking Good While Doing So

"Misa."

"Y/n please."

Y/n groaned at the whining girl before her, "Fine."

Misa had spent the past hour begging Y/n to let her do her make up and dress her up to got to some party.

Y/n wasn't fond of parties and dressing up but if it would just shut Misa up for a minute, she'd do it.

Misa squealed and pulled her onto the bed, sitting her down.

The blonde pulled out bags of makeup and about 5 palettes, making Y/n eyes widen.

"What is all this?"

"Sit tight and close your eyes. You're going to be here for a while."

Y/n sighed. It was definitely weird having brushes against her skin. She wasn't a girl who wore much of it, if she did, it would be for special occasions.

As for the dressing bit, everything she wore was a bit bigger than her figure.

Dresses, jeans, shirts, pants, shorts, hoodies.

Basically everything.

"Tell me about this party."

If Y/n was going to this, she should at least know about it.

"One of my work friends is having a party at Mone's." Misa explained, patting her face with some sponge.

Y/n's eye's shot open, "Mone's the bar? Misa I don't do bars."

Misa scoffed, "You don't do anything."

After a painful amount of time Misa had finished. Her eyes fluttered open Misa dragged her in front of the mirror mounted on the wall in the bathroom.

Y/n looked at herself and didn't even recognize the person looking back at her.

She didn't even think she looked bad.

"Wow." was all she said.

"Time for dresses!" Misa giggled. She dragged the tired girl to the closet. She looked through all thinking what would suit the h/c haired girl.

"Too flashy- too colorful- too shiny." Misa mumbled to herself ,"Perfect!" she pulled a black dress out.

"I don't have a say in this anymore do I?"

"Not at all." Misa laughed, "Put it on while I get dressed."

She did what the blonde instructed. She slipped on the dressed and saw herself in the full length mirror.

The dress had thin straps, it hugged the top half of her body perfectly whilst the bottom flowed out a bit, the skirt of the dress had a slit on the side all the way up to her mid-thigh.

"Am I going to a party or am I walking the red carpet?" Y/n yelled to Misa who was in the other room getting ready, "It's too much!"

Her phone ringtone grabbed her attention. She picked it up, smiling at the caller ID.

"Hey L."

"Hello Y/n. I'm just calling to make sure you are alright," his voice was a but soft, she assumed it was because Light was near.

"I'm okay, yourself?"

"I'm quite alright." he paused, "While I have you, I thought I should let you know what we found out so far in the investigation."

"Lay it on me."

"It's a bit weird. While criminals are dying there are a handful who weren't."

Y/n tilted her head and shifted from where she stood, "What do you mean?"