22: Memories In Your Photograph

-FLASHBACK-

Crying on the park bench, Y/n hugged her knees after receiving the news of the passing of her father.

Her whole world was crashing down and had no one to help her.

She believed that this was the end for her, her life had reached downhill and couldn't get better.

Y/n would have to live with her mother who she knew hated her.

Raising her head at the sudden outburst of laughter and footsteps, her eyes met a bunch of kids running in.

She dried her tears quickly with her sleeve but her eyes were still puffy and red.

Y/n looked at the kids playing and happy, wishing she was that age again. She was such a sweet innocent girl who had a lot of hope and light in her.

She wondered what happened.

Tears slowly trickled down her cheek, she couldn't help it.

She placed a hand on her bag filled with things from her dad's apartment when a brown haired boy approached her.

He wore a red and black striped shirt and jeans.

Y/n quickly wiped her tears and smiled at the boy but she wasn't fooling anyone.

The young man may be 10 but he wasn't stupid.

"Why are you crying?"

Hesitant, she answered, "I lost someone today."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

Y/n laughed "It's alright kid." she felt bad bring down the little guys spirits, "Nice goggles." Young Y/n nodded to the orange tinted goggles on his head.

"Thank you." he beamed, " Nice cast, can I sign it?" he beamed.

"Sure."

She dug into her bag and got a marker, handing it to the youngster.

He concentrated as he scribbled on her cast, poking his tongue out as he wrote.

Once finished Y/n read what the boy had wrote. 'Broken arms are the coolest -Matt'

"Nice name you got Matt."

A blond boy around the same age ran up to Matt, " There you are." his blue eyes looked at the rough girl he was talking to, "Who is that?"

The girl liked the clothes the blonde had on, he wore all leather. You wouldn't see a kid around his age wearing leather anywhere really, that's why she was fond of it.

"That is my friend. Her name is-" Matt paused realizing she hadn't told him.

"Y/n."

"Y/n." the brown haired child beamed again.

A boy younger than the two trudged behind, he had on white clothing that was too big for him.

He held a broken toy.

"Did you break his doll, Mello?" Matt sighed at the blond

"It was an accident!"

"It's not a doll." the white haired spoke very softly

"It's an action figure right?" Y/n nodded to it in his hands, gaining the three's attention, "I used to love those." she laughed.