7: Ironically, Death Is Not An Option

Y/n woke up, feeling L missing from beside her.

Once she got up, she washed her face and longed to brush her teeth after.

She looked at the clock on the nightstand.

It's almost 3 p.m.? Crap

The tired girl walked out into the living room

"Am I going to brush my teeth with my finger or am I going to get a toothbrush-" She stopped herself when she realized the entire task force was there.

"Ryuzaki." Matsuda teased and smirked.

"We didn't sleep together Matsuda." She rolled her eyes.

"You are wearing his shirt."

She narrowed her eyes at Aizawa."That's because I had a shower here, by the time I was ready to go home it was too late,"

"So are you two goi-"

"That's enough personal questions for one day, we have work to do." L spoke up, cutting the questions short and very clearly annoyed at it.

It wasn't like him to be that stern while talking to anyone.

"Y/n." Light called.

"Unless you have a toothbrush I'm not interested." she yawned.

"I have gum."

She put her hand out "Go on."

He placed it in her hand, " Apparently there's a second Kira and only needs a face to kill unlike the original Kira. This impostor sympathizes with the real one and wants to help him."

"I'm not surprised honestly, it was weird how that person during that Sakura TV fiasco didn't need a name when he killed those officers. How he chose his victims wasn't like him either."

"Exactly!" Matsuda beams

"What do you think Y/n?"

She was thrown off guard with his question Aizawa had asked, she gave some thought, "I think we should pose as Kira, give the second Kira a televised response so they can calm down on killing innocent people and basically tell them what to do that could benefit us."

"That's brilliant." Mr. Yagami laughed.

"I think we should do that." Aizawa agreed.

"Ryuzaki?" Matsuda called, "What do you think?"

L shoved a forkful of cake in his mouth, "I would like Light to take the position of our fake Kira."

"Ryuzaki!" Mr. Yagami complained, offended he had asked his son to play a part of a killer.

Light looked a bit annoyed.

"I am sure you can do it, right Light?" L glanced at Light to see his reaction

He nodded, "Sure."

L stood and departed from his cake to walk up to Y/n, "Follow me, I will get the toothbrush for you."

She did as she was told, following him into the bathroom.

He went through the drawers, looking for the toothbrush he swore he had, " What's wrong?"

"Hm? Oh, nothing."

Y/n leaned against the sink, "I know you are lying."

"What's wrong Ryuzaki?" she asked again

L was still searching for the item in the drawers, progressively he got more rough with it, as if he was frustrated with it.

"Ryuzaki?"