35: Anxiety Is A Reminder Of What You Have Done Wrong

-Just then and there the entrance of the warehouse which was on the side of the two groups slid open-

All heads turned towards the door. In walked Matt and Mello holding a guy with long black hair and black glasses.

The guy was tied up and had tape over his mouth.

The task force immediately raised their weapons at the three.

"Put your guns down." L demanded.

He was surprised to see the two.

"Ladies and gentl-" Matt stopped himself as he looked at everyone, all being males, "Gentlemen, I present to you Teru Mikami aka the second Kira!"

Matt grinned and clapped at his statement.

"Pardon me bu-"

"No need." Mello cut Mr. Yagami off, "We'll explain everything now."

"Homeboy here." Matt pointed at Mikami, "Disabled the sensors so no one knew he was here."

"Yesterday we replaced Mikami's book with a fake." The blonde pulled the book out of Mikami's coat, "He's a criminal prosecutor and had a history of beating up bullies so Matt placed cameras in his house and we saw him writing away."

"I'm aware that's illegal but its not like you guys don't bend the rules a bit." Matt chuckled as he kicked the back of Mikami's knee causing him to fall forward onto his knees.

Mello slid the fake book towards Near. Near opened it to see that even the writing had been perfectly copied.

The last page however was interesting.

So interesting he showed the rest, everyone in the warehouse names were written down for the exception of one

"Light's name is the only one that isn't written in here." Near smiled

It makes sense because Mikami would kill his accomplice would he?

Mello reached into his leather jacket and pulled out the real book, "This is the real book meaning I can see the shinigami attached to it. He's been here the entire time."

"This is absurd!" Mr. Yagami stomped to Near and snatch the book away inspecting it, "This has to be a mistake!"

Light was just frozen, probably planning his next move, "This is dad! You have to believe me! The books are fake he said it himself!"

"Eh, that's not what he said but okay." Matt defended.

"Light, why?" Mr. Yagami was now on the edge of tears

His one and only son.

"It's not me dad!" Light screamed.

"Doh! Silly me." Matt exclaimed, "I almost forgot. I got an interesting call from Y/n the other day."

This peaked L's interest.

"Y/n?" Aizawa repeated, "She's alive?!"

"Where is she?!" Matsuda asked L.

"How is she alive?!" Light demanded an answer.

Matt approached Light and snatched his watch, making the band break.

"Hey!"

"Tut tut." Mello had his gun in his hand and he made sure Light saw it, "Let's not get hasty now."

Matt threw the watch to the ground and stomped on it with his boot heel.

It immediately shattered and broke into pieces

Poking through the broken bits and shattered glass was a piece a paper.

Piece of the death note.

Mello picked it up and handed it to L.