9: Mother Dearest That Was Sent From Hell

The girl slapped a hand over her chest, breathing out of relief.

"Hello Y/n."

"Are you crazy L? How did you even get in?"

"Your window was open." the detective said bluntly

She looked over to the her window and sure enough, it was open. Her house didn't have a second floor so lucky for him, all he had to do was climb through.

She sighed and placed the brown paper bag she had in her hands on her table, "Do you need something or are you stalking me now?"

He looked at her, he really did miss her.

"Yesterday afternoon we received a tape from the second Kira postmarked on the 23rd. He said he had found Kira."

She rubbed her eyes and leaned back on the wall, " So you suspect Light and I since we were there on the 22nd don't you."

"You sound upset." he tiled his head, trying to read her expression.

"No shit sherlock." Y/n leaned off the wall, "I don't care if you suspect Light, actually I think you're right for suspecting him because not only does it all point to him, it matches his personality but the fact you can look me in my eyes after everything and tell me I could be a murderer makes me upset. I can't even send back soup at a restaurant."

"I do not suspect you. It just so happens that the evidence proves that it happened before the 22nd, you and Light were both there."

"Yeah and like 200 other people."

"Those people don't have connections like you and Light. I might have to keep a closer eye on you two." he puts his thumb on his lip, biting on his nail.

She scoffs, "You don't trust me to move independently, you don't trust me to take care of myself, you don't trust I can protect myself, you don't trust whenever I'm alone." L can see she annoyed and on the verge of tears, "Do you even trust me at all? "

"Yes, of course." he stood, pushing his hands in his pockets.

"Because it sure does seem like it doesn't it?" She pressed her lips in a line, then sighed," You know what, you win. Put cameras back up in my house, keep your eye on me. Hell, if you want you can handcuff me to you. Do whatever you want so you can ensure I am not a psychopath."

With that she turned around to walk away.

"Lawliet."

Y/n stopped and looked at him, furrowing her eyebrows, "What the hell is a Lawliet?"

"That is my name."

He knew it was stupid and reckless to tell her that, it wasn't like him to do so at all. L just didn't want her to leave again.

He couldn't take it.

"I-Is this..um, is this a test or something because I wasn't prepared for that."

"It is not. I trust you to hold on to the one thing that is keeping me alive."

"You realize that was stupid of you."

"I know, it just came out." the detective mumbled, following it up with a sigh

Y/n walked up to him and hugged him, wrapping her arms around his torso.

L straightened his posture for a quick second, being surprised by this type of contact.

He relaxed into it and held Y/n, hoping she wouldn't let go.

"I'm sorry I was so hard on you." she said into his chest.

"I'm sorry too, I didn't mean to make you feel like I didn't believe in you. Believe it or not this is all new to me."