25: The Harboured Tales of Grief And Fear

Trigger Warning: Death

"Dad guess what"

The man over exaggerated a gasp, "You finally learned to wash your own dishes. Finally Y/n, jeez."

"Ha ha very funny." the 13 year old crossed her arms.

He grabbed her hand and pulled his daughter who was a splitting image of himself closer, "I'm sorry doll, what is it then?"

The girl then brightly smiled, "Remi finally invited me to the movies tomorrow, can you believe it?" Y/n squealed, jumping up and down.

The man's smile dropped a bit, "Doll, I have a job tomorrow that I have to do, I have no money to take you until then."

It broke his heart to see his child spirit drop, "Dad please! No one has ever asked me to hang out with them before."

"When I do this job tomorrow, I'll get plenty of money then you can after and have all the ice cream you want." he tried to persuade but it sure as hell didn't work.

He had known his daughter long enough to tell when she wore a fake smile, the one similar to what she had on now, "okay."

With that she left, her father hearing the squeaks of the floor boards as she walked away to the bedroom they shared.

It was all he could afford .

One bedroom, one bathroom, a small living room and tiny kitchen apartment.

Next day rolled around pretty quickly.

"Get up doll, wouldn't want to meet your friends looking like that." he chuckled.

Young Y/n sat herself up tiredly and weakly, the springs of the bed squeaking as she did, looking at her father with her squinted e/c eyes.

"What?"

"I'm taking you to meet your friends, now come on." He yanked the sheets off her playfully.

"What about the job you had to do?"

"Let me worry about that, doll." he smiled, "Movements Y/n, movements." he clapped

"You're the freaking best!" She excitedly jumped out of bed and onto his figure that is very much bigger than herself.

The two got dressed in no time, waiting in an ice cream parlor in the cinema's complex.

"She said she'll be here any second." the youngster grinned, anything to make his one and only child smile.

Y/n was all he had after all.

Any second turned into 5 minutes which turned into 10. She called and called this so called friend of hers but she never answered.

"Doll are you sure they're coming? "

She tried once more and the girl answered, telling Y/n they decided to do something else.

The girl said 'sorry' before hanging up.

Tears formed, making her vision blurry, "They blew me off." Y/n sniffled, "I'm sorry you missed that job for this." she cried, getting up.

Getting up also, her dad took the heartbroken kid in his arms, "I don't care Y/n, it's fine. You're gonna be okay. Those kids are missing out."

She sniffled again, wiping her face, "Are you sure?"

"Positive."

Then somehow it got black and the scenery changed. Y/n was now outside at night in front of a house.