29: Young Kids And Stupid Mistakes

Y/n hopped down from the park swing when her eyes met a familiar pair of brown ones. Rushing over to him, she engulfed the boy in a hug.

"I missed you." he said kissing the top of her head

"I missed you too." she smiled in his chest, she pulled away and gazed into his eyes, "How was camp?"

Will groaned at the mention, "Terrible but." he trailed off as he dug in his back pockets, "I made you this." he pulled out a bracelet.

Y/n gasped as she took it, "This is the sweetest thing anyone has done for me." the girl immediately put it on, "Thank you Will!"

She engulfed him in a hug once more as Y/n wrapped her arms around his neck and snuggled her face in to the crook of his neck.

God how he loved it when she did that.

Y/n pulled away grinning whilst looking at the bracelet.

"Y/n?"

"Yes?"

"It doesn't take an genius to figure out that I'm crazy about you and God, you're just so..." he sighs whilst looking at the details of her face, "Perfect. So what I'm trying to say-well ask is...will you be mine? "

Will freaked out over her sudden silence, "I mean you don't have to of course, it's just-"

Y/n placed a hand on his shoulder and kissed his cheek immediately shutting him up, "Yes, I'd love to." she smiled, "Forever."

Both their faces turned red as they gazed at each other, feeling their cheeks burning.

"Promise?"

"I Promise."

Y/n almost cried at the memory.

The first time she felt the feeling of love.

Y/n shook her head, "I was 14 when I said, I didn't know better."

"Oh we both know that isn't true angel." he said darkly, his grip getting tighter, "You meant it."

"Yeah?" Y/n scoffed "Why's that Will?"

"Not a lot of people have the patience to deal with you." Will smirked straightening his posture in satisfaction, "But guess what baby, I do."

Y/n rolled her eyes, "Yeah because you proved that last time when we were together. You should have gotten the boyfriend of the year award."

"Ou." Will chuckled darkly, proceeding to biting his bottom lip, "Kitten has claws, hm?" his grip tightened making her whimper.

He took notice and smiled more, "God, how fucking stupid I was for letting you go."

Y/n pried her hand away but his grip was too strong, "There are kids here Will, stop it."

"Y/n!"

Both heads turn to look behind the girl to see L in front the orphanage doors with his hands in the pockets of his big blue jeans.

He tilted his head as he made eye contact with the ex boyfriend.

The detective walked closer, pulling his girlfriend to his side.

"Is there a problem?" L asked directed to Will.

Will chuckled lightly, "Name's Will, the ex boyfriend."

"I am Ryuzaki, the boyfriend."

Crossing his arms, Will grinned, "Yeah angel mentioned you." his eyes drifted to her, looking at her up and down with a sinister smile.

Y/n cowered behind her boyfriend a bit more, not daring to say a word

Lawliet stared at the man like if looks could kill, "You are trespassing so I am afraid I have to ask you to leave."

The man laughed, "Technically I'm not on your property." Will points down to his feet that's on the sidewalk, "Unless you own the pavement I think I'm okay."

"Save the technicalities for when we get a restraining order." L said in his flat voice that he uses to address everyone beside y/n but this time his monotone was laced with assertiveness, like he was angry, "You will need that smart talk when you are before a judge."

Will huffed in annoyance, it was clear that L was getting under his skin, "Boy aren't you fun." Will chuckled, obviously being sarcastic

"If you think that is fun then you will think I am the life of the party if I see you near Y/n again."

As if on cue a bunch of kids came running outside, playing, chasing each other and squealing. Two kids ran up immediately gaining L's attention.

Whilst L was trying to shoo them away, Will went up to Y/n grabbed her arm and whispered in her ear, "If I can't have you, no one fucking can."

Will let go, letting out a satisfied hum before walking away. As L got the kids to back to their friends he saw the ex boyfriend walking away

L held her hand and walked inside.

The silence between the two was suffocating. As they reached the bedroom he dove straight into work. Typical L.

As she slid her coat off, the girl hung it on a hook mounted on the back of the door.

"Did he harm you?"

Relief rushed on y/n when he finally spoke. When her eyes landed on him, he was already looking at her, waiting patiently for a response

"He didn't."

L let out a hum in response before flipping through some files.

"That was Will Perkins." Y/n sighed, "I met him when I was 13, became his girlfriend after a year of meeting him. After some time he started to get short with me."

Walking towards him, Y/n pulled his legs to a normal sitting position so she could straddle his lap. Fiddling with her fingers to avoid eye contact, "He'd yell, throw things at me that purposely missed...like he wanted it to miss to scare me so I'd stop being 'out of line' as he would say."

L wrapped an arm around her waist as to keep her there on his lap.

He stared at her as she spoke, not uttering a word as he listened and she continued, "Then my dad died and had to move to Japan. I couldn't reach him to tell him, he was with another girl doing Lord knows what." She laughed softly, "So I left a note and with that I left and never saw him until today."

Y/n's eyes didn't dare to look anywhere but down at her fingers.

"Did you love him?"

Her eyebrows shot up with the question. She looked into his dark eyes, "I was in love with the idea of him. He was nice at first then I don't know what happened." she then smiled, placing a hand at the side of his face, her thumb caressing on his smooth pale skin, "Then I met you and you showed me what love truly was."

L held her chin softly and pulled her face towards his. They both inhaled sharply as their lips connected and moved in sync with each other. She pulled away for this stupid thing called oxygen.

"Should have used the knife on him." L mumbled

Y/n eyes widened "Detective." she giggled whilst shaking her head, "That's not very legal of you to say."

The corner of L's lips twitched up for a second as he tried to restrain himself from smiling.

Y/n moved her hips forward a bit to get off him but L grunted and held her hips tightly. She furrowed her eyebrows deeply as she saw his eyes were closed.

She tried to wiggle away but that just made L groan.

"Are you okay? I'm trying to get off you." Y/n asked innocently.

It didn't turn all that innocent when she felt something under her harden.

"You have to be kidding me L."

"It's not my fault." he exhaled sharply, "Now you're going to do something about the problem you have caused."