5: Confess Your Sins To The Detective And You Shall Be Free

L got a little tense and Y/n saw that.

She laughed.

"Relax, will you?" she giggled, " I'm not a murderer." she had calmed a bit now, "I think I am anyway."

She cleared her throat, ready to explain to the very confused man next to her, "Before I lived with my mom, I lived with my dad in England. I was happy there. When I turned sixteen, he taught me how to drive. I was on the highway one day, my dad in the passenger seat when this bastard cut in front of me with no warning, causing me to slam on the breaks."

She paused, trying not to cry.

It was a hard topic for her. L noticed that and inched closer to her, "The car behind us hit us really hard and we went straight into a pole. We both were in critical condition, but he didn't make it."

This is when Y/n burst into tears, "I killed him, L." she managed to choke out.

"No, not at all. You did not. Stop thinking that." Y/n leaned onto him and cried into his shoulder.

Who knew that Y/n would rely completely on a man she hadn't met too long ago.

He held her tightly, " You know Y/n, your dad would not want you to blame yourself. He also would not want you to treat yourself so harshly. "

The girl sat up and nodded, wiping her tears on sleeves that reached to her knuckles.

"Crap, I got your jacket and your sweater all wet. I'm sorry." she let out a breathy laugh whilst attempting to wipe her tears off L's sweater

When her hand made contact with his covered chest, she couldn't help but realize how toned it was.

On the other side of the scale, L disliked the way she apologized for things unnecessarily.

"Do not be, you can wet it as much as you like." he rubbed the back of his neck, "as for the coat you can keep it."

"It's tainted now so you don't want it back?" Y/n joked.

The detective knew it was but still took it as a serious question, "Of course not, I think you should have it. "

She giggled at this, this made L warm whenever she did that.

"You interest me as well you know, what about your parents?"

He wanted to let her know, not because he wanted sympathy or pity, because of the fact she asked.

He'd tell any other person it was none of their business.

"Since I could remember my parents were always arguing, because of this I always stayed to myself. They were financially unstable to keep and raise a child. One day my mother told me we were going to the park, so I got ready."

L saw how much she was interested and continued, "Once we were there, she told me that we were going to play hide and seek, she told me count and I did. By the time I had finished counting she was gone. I stayed there. A man who is currently known as W found me and brought me to an orphanage. I spent my days there doing puzzles which eventually turned into cases, and I kept doing that with Watari to assist me."

Her heart broke.

He was left alone?

He saw her frown, before he knew it Y/n had clinged on to his arm and laid her head on his shoulder.

"I'm really sorry you had to go through that. That's terrible."

He found himself laying his head on hers as they watched the lights and cars before them.

Living in each other's presence.

=======================

L was in his hotel room with the task force.