40: Welcome To The Club, Pal

Y/n eyes fluttered open and was half expecting to be tied up in a basement or alone in a room.

But she found herself in a hospital.

Did Will put me here? She wondered.

She grunted as she sat up when a familiar brown-haired male entered

"You're awake!" Matt laughed, "Holy shit, you're awake!" Matt ran toward the girl and hugged her tightly.

"Matt." she mumbled as tears pricked her eyes, "I-"

"L man is gonna be so happy. Man's been been a wreck." Matt said, finally letting go of her with a goofy grin plastered on his face.

"How long have I been gone?" Y/n asked, "What happened? How'd you even find me?-"

"Okay okay." Matt interrupted with a laugh, "Well you were gone for about a month."

Y/n eyes widened. She actually had no idea how long she was gone, it's not like they conveniently left a calendar hanging around.

"Using amazing detective work we- Well L was able to find you." Matt explained, "Mello and I helped raiding the house. When we got to you, you were passed out. It's been a week since that happened."

Y/n waved her hand around, "You're telling me I've been unconscious for one week?"

The male nodded, "Mello should be here about-"

"Y/n!"

The two heads turn to see the blonde by the entrance, "Now." Matt finished his sentence.

"How are you feeling?" Mello asked, approaching the girl.

Y/n let out a breathy laugh, "I'm alive so I think that's the most important part."

"Did he do anything to you?" Mello asked referenced to Will.

"No actually." Y/n said shaking her head, grunting a bit as she sat up more, "He was pretty nice. Where is he anyway?"

"Hospital." Matt shrugged, "Mello shot him."

Y/n turned to the guilty male, "You what?!'

"What?" Mello deadpanned, "He took you. What was I supposed to do?"

"He gets his impulse decisions from you." A different voice said.

It was familiar.

It was the voice she longed to hear. With teary eyes, the h/c haired girl looked to the entrance of her room to meet dark ones.

Y/n let out a smiled as her tears made its way down," And he gets the eyebags from you, huh?"

L smiled as he walked up to the bed ridden girl and took his hands out of his pockets.

The detective held her in his arms, stroking the back of her head lightly. Y/n hugged him back, wrapping her arms around his torso.

Mello nudged Matt and nodded towards the door. With that, they walked out.

They stayed in each other's arms for about 5 minutes in complete silence.

L was just so happy she was alive and okay. He didn't have to worry and most importantly she didn't have to suffer any longer.

The girl he loved was present and now in his arms.

"I'm sorry." L said, letting go and shaking his head, "I shouldn't have left you here, it's my fault that th-"

"L." Y/n interrupted, "It's not your fault. You did what you thought was best."

"That still doesn't excuse my actions. I'm sorry, Y/n."