18: Welcome Home, My Precious Child

Y/n approached the familiar door step.

Taking a deep breath, she lifted her hand to knock but stopped.

The nervous h/c haired girl looked back to the black car that she had just hopped out from.

The detective and Watari waved to her from in the car, waiting for her to enter before they drove off.

Y/n finally grabbed the courage and knocked.

Rustling was heard behind the door then footsteps approached.

She already knew whose it was by those footsteps however, y/n listen for those exact same footsteps at night or if she was in trouble.

Then the door opened.

"Y/n."

"Hi Ma."

The lady before her smiled, "Come in."

Mr. Kitamura sat on the sofa in front of the TV, ripping his attention away once Y/n had entered. The first thing she noticed was the box on the coffee table in front of him.

It was labelled 'Y/n's things'

"Hi Y/n." He greeted, not moving an inch.

She waved in response and had a seat on a separate sofa.

"Glad to see you're okay." Her mother smiled, it made her uneasy when she did that.

"Thanks." She plastered a fake smile, "So you've been calling, is there a particular reason why?"

Her mother inhaled and got right down to business, "If you apologize for your behavior the last time you were here, you can move back in."

Y/n eyes widened "Pardon?"

"I know how emotional you get on the topic of your father so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt."

"Um hunny, this is the opposite of what we discussed." Kitamura interjected. The lady just gave the man a death glare, making him shift and uneasy.

Y/n cleared her throat and moved herself to the edge of the sofa, "So you saw nothing wrong in what you did?"

Mrs. Kiamura tilted her head, "Of course not, I am your mother and I know what is best for you."

"Please enlighten me on what you think is best for me." Y/n felt her breathing getting heavier and more aggravated every second she looked at her.

"You'll suffer out there on your own."

The way she was so serious and oblivious irked Y/n.

"I am a detective working alongside the man widely known as L all the while living in a building with my own floor." Y/n paused, narrowing her eyes a bit, "What part of that is suffering?"

Kitamura eyes widen a bit, "You're working with L?" He looked impressed almost, "My My, how did that happen?"

Y/n's mother scoffed, "She's obviously sleeping with him."

The young girl shook her head gently, "You're unbelievable. Can you be proud for once?"

She shrugged, "I just find it hard to believe."

"Why is that?"

"Because it's...you."

"The reason I became a detective was because of no thanks to you. If you think your words hurt me, you're wrong."

"My words are the truth that you don't want to hear."

Y/n scoffed, "Everything that comes out of your mouth is complete garbage."