first day

Mornings at the Hernandez house were usually hectic as hell

Mornings at the Hernandez house were usually hectic as hell. If it wasn't Jennifer on a conference call with investors in another country, then it was Joaquin on the phone usually talking sports with a certain ex-NFL player. Then it was Evelyn's twin brother, Enrique who was constantly on the phone with his newest flavor of the week. Or it was the youngest of the bunch Alejandro running around watching Peppa Pig on his tablet and trying his best to mimic her accent. Evelyn often felt that she was the only normal person in the family when she walked down the steps of her massive house and spotted the craziness going on.

"Ah, Evie, sweetie," Joaquin greeted, watching as his only daughter walked through the kitchen. "Billy told me there's a new student going to Beverly today and he's crazy good at football. So, be nice to him and make sure that boyfriend of yours is nice, too."

"I'm always nice," Evelyn scoffed flipping her hair behind her back. "I don't know about Jordan, though. But, we'll see. What position does he play?"

"Wide receiver," he said.

"Mmm, I don't think it's Jordan you should be worried about," she said, shaking her head. "That's Asher's position."

"Sure," Joaquin told her shaking his head in agreement.

"Evelyn, sweetheart," Jennifer greeted pressing a kiss to her daughter's cheek as she walked into the kitchen with her son on her hip. "I need you to take your brother to daycare this morning. Now, please?"

"You guys do realize he's not my son. Where's Enrique?" she scoffed, grabbing her brother from her mom and perching him on his hip.

"Your brother had to pick one of his girlfriends up this morning," Joaquin answered.

"Your son is a walking ad campaign for STDs," she retorted, covering her younger brother's ear with her hand. "But, fine. Me and Ale are making a stop at Starbucks. See you two later,"

"We love you guys!" Jennifer yelled after her two kids wrapping an arm around her husband's waist.

"Evie, can you get me a cake pop?" Alejandro asked, as his big sister strapped him into his car seat.

"Fine," she sighed, closing the door and hopping into the driver's seat. "But, remember what I told you..."

"Mommy can never find out," he grinned.

After going through Starbuck's drive-thru, and getting their breakfast. Evelyn dropped her younger brother off at daycare and then headed off to school. Her classes for the first half of the day were average, there wasn't much excitement about them. But, once the bell rang, Evelyn strolled through the courtyard and sat on the steps with her usual group of friends awaiting her boyfriend's arrival.

Jordan had walked over to the group of friends with who Evelyn assumed to be the new kid and shot his girlfriend a flirty smile before introducing everyone. "Meet the crew. This is my girl Evelyn, Layla, and up top, Lucy, JJ, and Asher. Usually, Evelyn's twin brother joins us but he's off running some drills. He's also on the team."