family talks

Enrique angrily stormed into his sister's room to confront her about the whole steroids situation. Waking her up from her very deep sleep as he angrily confronted her. "You snitched!" He paced her room frantically at the thought of his coach knowing about his steroid usage.

"Ricky!" she groaned, lifting her head from her pillow. "I'm sleeping!"

"You snitched!" he repeated. "Mom and dad aren't home. They're probably talking to Mr. and Mrs. Baker and asking them what rehab facility they sent Olivia to!"

"Or maybe they had to take care of other things?" she yawned, clearly uninterested in their conversation. "You're not their only child. They have a whole ass four-year-old to take care of."

"Why else would Coach call me and Asher in for a fake practice and then confront us about the steroids?" he asked.

"Because I told them," she shrugged. "You weren't going to stop. So, I went to dad and told him the truth about you and Asher."

"I could've been kicked off of the team, Evelyn!" Enrique yelled.

She rolled her eyes at her brother's dramatics. "Well, were you?"

"No, but that's bes—"

"Get out, then!" Evelyn yelled throwing a pillow at his face.

☆☆☆

"How is this my fault?"

Evelyn and Asher were in the school hallway engaging in a small argument after she had gotten yet another rude confrontation about going to her dad and Coach Baker. First, it was her brother waking her out of her sleep and yelling at her. And, now, it was Asher.

"I didn't say that," Asher argued.

"Well, you indirectly said it," she scoffed.

"I felt blindsided," he said. "Not only did you go to my coach but you told your dad. Now he probably hates me."

"I told my dad because of Enrique. Not you!" she raised her voice. "I told you to stop and you blatantly ignored my request. Do you think I'm stupid? I know you used again before the scrimmage. Both of you!"

"I didn't lie," he said. "Okay? I meant it when I said it. You should've just given me a heads up you were telling them."

"Why?" she crossed her arms. "So you could lie, again."

"You betrayed my trust," Asher said.

"I was worried about you, Asher. Excuse me for caring," she scoffed. "I saw what drugs did to Liv. I didn't want that happening to you or my brother. Sorry if I don't want to watch another person I love spiral out of control."

"You love me?" Asher asked, his eyes softening once he glanced down at her. "Evelyn I—"

"No," Evelyn scoffed. "I mean...That's not what we're talking about, right now. Look, I understand that you could have potentially lost everything. But, the only thing that matters to me is that you're okay. I have to get to class. Goodbye, Ash."

☆☆☆

"It's all your fault, dad!"

Evelyn walked into the middle of world war three as she entered her house. Her brother and dad were face to face in a heated argument as soon as she stepped foot she could feel the tension radiating off of the men while her mom sat quietly in the corner.

"What the hell is going on?" she asked.

"Oh, it's her fault, too," Enrique said, pointing at his sister.