combines & reconciliations

It had been a couple of weeks since the homecoming dance and since Evelyn's breakup with Jordan and he had made no attempts to reach out to her since

It had been a couple of weeks since the homecoming dance and since Evelyn's breakup with Jordan and he had made no attempts to reach out to her since. She thought she was in the clear and would never have to speak to him again and so she agreed to help Olivia and her dad out at the combine by checking the players in. Bad idea in hindsight since Jordan would be there and it'd be the first time they would be forced to be near each other besides the classes that they shared together.

"When you said we were co-hosting the combine, I didn't think you literally meant we," Liv said.

"Honestly, Coach, when Liv said checking in the players...I didn't think there would be this many players," Evelyn said. "This is so not worth what we're getting paid."

"I'm not paying you two," Billy chuckled. "But, I appreciate you two giving us a hand. It's a big day. For Spencer, Ricky, your brother."

"Asher," Liv read off of the tablet. "But I thought he was off of the team."

"Oh, he is," Evelyn told her. "These things are basically like my volleyball combines. Scouts control the invites. Not the coaches."

"What she said," Billy nodded.

"He didn't RSVP," Liv said. "Did you follow up? I mean, this is a big deal for him. He needs this."

"If he wanted to be here, he would've RSVP'd like everybody else. Alright?" he told her.

"Damn, Coach. You're a hardass," Evelyn whistled, watching him walk away.

"Dude, stop checking out my dad," Liv scoffed, hitting her friend on the arm.

"Hey, don't act like you don't check my dad out," Evelyn argued, watching Liv take Asher's jersey out of the bin. "What are you doing with that?"

"I'm gonna help Asher," she sighed. "Want to come?"

"Nope," she said. "Someone needs to be here to check the players in. Plus, he's not my responsibility. Have fun."

Liv shrugged her shoulders. "I'll text Layla so you have someone to help."

"So, do you know what Liv's big emergency was?" Layla asked, plopping down beside Evelyn.

"Has to do with helping Asher," Evelyn responded waving the question off. Spencer had eventually walked up to get checked in and pulled Layla off to the side.

"Jordan Baker. Checking in for Beverly High," Jordan said approaching his ex-girlfriend at the table.

"Whores and cheaters check-in over there," she said, pointing at the trash can.

"Evie...I want to talk," Jordan sighed. "Not now, obviously. But, sometime soon...maybe, we can talk."

"I'll have to check my extremely busy schedule of having so much sex," Evelyn shot back, lifting her head up to look at him. "But, it's not a no."