disappointment

The following day after the football game was Evelyn's big volleyball game

The following day after the football game was Evelyn's big volleyball game. This was extremely important to her seeing as if they won this game they would advance to the State Championships.

Evelyn had seemed to take after her father when it came to athletics. She was on the track team during the spring and volleyball teams during the fall/winter seasons. She was actually one of the best volleyball players on the team despite her height and was a key player on the team and everyone knew that.

Her position was libero which was a confusing term for non-volleyball players. Specifically, her boyfriend who she constantly spent time explaining her position. She played in the back row of the court and received most of the hits from the opposite team. You could always tell her apart from her teammates due to the red-colored jersey she wore and the blue jerseys the rest of her teammates wore.

Evelyn genuinely liked being on the team, but that didn't mean everyone liked her being on the team. A majority of her teammates were stuck-up white girls who tend to stick together and whispered behind her back. Despite her being a part of what people referred to her group of friends as the popular group, her teammates weren't a fan of her. So, she hung out with the only girls that she actually liked who just so happened to be on the track team with her. Veronica Rodriguez was Mexican something she and Evelyn had in common and Destiny Williams was the only black girl on the team so those three stuck together like glue.

"Is Jordan coming?" Veronica asked as the three girls stuck around in the back of the locker room where their assigned lockers were to talk before the game.

"I have no idea. He didn't even remember until I told him about it," Evelyn scoffed bending down to fix her shoelaces and adjust her kneepads. "I mean, I know I'm mad at him and all of that. But, he knows how important this game is to me."

"Yeah, and you always support him at his games. You even sit with his family," Destiny added.

"Well, his sister is her best friend," Veronica piped up. "And she kind of has to go the games her fine-ass brother is the running back."

"Ew, Veronica!" she shrieked.

"Ladies!" Coach Jackson yelled blowing her whistle and storming into the locker room. "No more chatting! Get out there. It's game time!"

"Yes coach," the three girls mumbled putting their heads down and walking out to the gym.

Once they ran out to the gym the Hernandez girl immediately lifted her head up and moved her eyes over to the stands in search of her boyfriend. She spotted her family but no Jordan, the anger had immediately flooded her body, but it also improved her game. The anger was shown through the way she played as she aggressively kept hitting the ball.

It was down to the final set and both teams were tied at an even 15-15. Evelyn had seen the ball coming straight for her and easily set it towards Destiny who was right at the front of the net so she could spike and right after the buzzer rang signaling the Beverly High's volleyball team winning the last playoff game that they needed to advance to the State Championships.

The Hernandez family immediately ran down the bleachers to congratulate her and immediately noticed her attitude. "Where's Jordan?" she asked.

"He didn't make it, mija, sorry," Joaquin told her. "But, you were great out there. Scouts will definitely notice you if you keep playing like that."

"You know, Evie. Coach let us out of Saturday practice early. Just in time to watch your game," Enrique piped up wrapping an arm around his twin's shoulder. "Look, even JJ and Asher made it."

"Cállate," Jennifer hissed, hitting her son on the back of his head. "Maybe he just stayed behind to run more drills with his dad. Liv was here too. But, just for a couple of minutes and then Enrique started talking to her and she left."

"I'm going to talk to JJ and Asher," she grumbled, pulling her brother's arm and heading towards the entrance doors where the two boys were standing. "Hey, what are you two doing here?"

"What? We can't come watch our favorite volleyball player? Super hot teammates by the way. Who was number 12 and is she single?" JJ said slinging an arm around her.

"That's Destiny," she responded removing his hand off of her shoulder. "She's single. I'll text you her number...just don't play her."

"If you don't want that happening, I suggest you don't give him her number. You were really great out there, E," Asher said, pulling the girl in for a hug. "By the way, I'm totally giving Jordan shit for not coming today."

Enrique let out a loud cough suspiciously eyeing the way Asher hugged his sister and whispered into her ear. "Alright, get your hands off my sister, Adams."

"I could care less about him and his stupid daddy issues right now," Evelyn scoffed, rolling her eyes at the thought of her boyfriend. "We're literally going to State. I should be celebrating. Not worrying about my flakey boyfriend."

"That's the spirit!" JJ yelled. "Now, what parties should we hit tonight?"

 "Now, what parties should we hit tonight?"

liked by jordanbaker and 1568 more

eviehernandez that...I'm going to a championship glow✨

livbaker congrats baby😍

   →eviehernandez ilyyy🥰

destikneee period. as u should🤩

   →jjparker check ur dm ;)

       →asheradams if you wanna keep ur sanity I suggest you don't🙂

jordanbaker congrats, knew you could do it!😍❤️

veerodriguez ^not him tryna kiss ur ass🤣

laylakeating boobies👀

laylakeating congrats btw🥳