sheep pajamas

✧

"Ew! I just stepped in goat poop!"

Evelyn walked around the backyard of the Baker house watching as Layla, JJ, Spencer, and Liv participated in goat yoga. Evelyn only had a couple of weeks left in her cast but until she was able to get it off she wasn't doing much physical activity. But, she had slight FOMO and didn't want to be left out of their yoga session.

"Maybe, you should stop walking around? Sit down?" JJ suggested, turning his head and watching her dip her foot in the pool to get rid of the poop residue. "Ew, what the hell are you doing?"

Liv eyed her friend and shook her head watching as she dragged her foot through the grass. "Seriously, Evie, my pool and then my grass?"

Evelyn let out a small laugh as she skipped over to JJ and sat criss-cross beside him. "Whose idea was this?"

"Who do you think?" Olivia retorted, lifting her finger up at the blonde.

"I thought GOAT stood for greatest of all time," JJ stated the obvious.

Spencer felt a goat climbing on his back and turned to face the blonde, clearly unimpressed by his mistake. "Sometimes it's just goat, man."

"I'm sorry, okay? This week sucks," the blonde complained. "Goats are peeing everywhere, coach is suspended, Spence might not play, and the venue for the jamboree party fell through."

"Wait. What happened to the venue?" Evelyn asked.

"Someone forgot to send the deposit on time," he answered. "It's not important who. I even had the perfect theme—Pajama jammy jamboree."

"Well, can't let that go to waste," Layla said. "Why don't we have the party at my house?"

"Maybe that's not a good idea," Liv told her.

"Yeah, it ain't just for Beverly," Spencer added on. "It's for all the teams in the jamboree."

"Well, it's a good thing I have a big house, then," Layla said to them. "Parties weren't my problem. It was the party crasher in my head, and she's been quiet lately. It'll be fine, I promise."

"Where is Jordan?" Spencer asked. "Why isn't he suffering through this?"

"He stayed back to talk to his dad," JJ said.

"Probably about the suspension," Spencer realized. "Y'all know anything about it? And Enrique missed practice. What's that about?"

"He's...sick," Evelyn lied. "Has a cold. But, he'll be fine."

☆☆☆

Evelyn stood at her locker, meters away from Jordan and Simone. Unintentionally overhearing his terrible attempt to try and get her to talk to him. It was painfully awkward, to say the least.