back from break

liked by asheradams and 1689 more

eviehernandez 🌴

livbaker pls come back home imy🙂❤️

laylakeating hot🤩

eviehernandez I'm blushing😩

champagnericky not pictured: mom standing on the pool chair to take this picture🙄

eviehernandez she's the best photographer😌

jordanbaker 😍

✧✧✧

It had been a fun couple of weeks away from Beverly Hills for the Hernandez family. Jennifer and Joaquin had taken their kids away from the madness and stayed at a resort in Tulum, Mexico. The weeks weren't very eventful besides the youngest of the bunch, Alejandro celebrating his fourth birthday, and the rest of the time was spent either tanning poolside or for Evelyn and Enrique, they took advantage of the bar and drank their livers away.

But, the twins were really excited to come back home and go to the annual beach party that the students threw after the winter break.

"Hello, besties," Evelyn greeted, skipping through the sand with her sandals in one hand and a huge smile on her face as she approached Olivia and Layla.

"Hey, girl," Layla grinned, patting the empty seat in between her and Liv.

Olivia shot her friend a wide smile. "We saved you a seat."

"Thank you. Ooh, wait, I brought gifts," she told them opening her purse up and pulling out two beaded bracelets. "I got them from a lady in Mexico."

"Thank you," the two girls said simultaneously.

"Wow," Evelyn mumbled, watching Jordan make out with a girl. "He didn't waste any time."

"Today, it's Jasmine. Two days ago, it was Reagan. Last week it was Crystala," Liv listed. "It's like his way of dealing with our family drama is by creating his gross version of the bachelor."

"Liv," Layla whispered, making a motion at Evelyn. "Seriously?"

"Sorry," she winced. "Was that insensitive?"

"No, it's fine," Evelyn shrugged. "I mean, Jordan and I are broken up. But, seeing that is definitely gonna take some getting used to."

"So, Layla," Liv said. "You've been a hard person to reach over winter break."

"Um, you were the one who disappeared to Lake Tahoe with your mom and Jordan," Layla countered.

"You two need to work on your communication," Evelyn mumbled, eyeing the shirtless boys on the beach. One in particular catching her eye.

Liv rolled her eyes at her friend before turning to look at Layla. "I've left you messages. I've been worried."

Layla grinned in response. "I'm great."

"Layla you kind of had a breakdown after the game," she argued. "I mean, you tore up your house."

"Okay," she laughed. "It was not a breakdown. I was just mad at my dad for not taking the break in seriously. So I kind of just took it out on his crap and let him think there was another break-in. That's it, and it worked because now he's back, and we're spending quality time together."

"Hey, Layla," Jordan breathlessly greeted. "Where's Spencer? I could use his quick feet right about now to shut JJ up."

"Okay, QB-1," Layla giggled, grabbing the football from his hand. "I'll show you what quick feet look like."

Jordan had stuck around for a second glancing down at his ex-girlfriend who made sure to avoid his stare. "Hey, Evie...You look nice."

"Thanks, Baker," Evelyn said, tilting her head up to look at him. "You don't look too bad yourself...But, uh, I think Jasmine's waiting for you."

He nodded in response giving her a small smile. "I'll catch you later."

"Jeez, you two are excruciating to watch," Liv groaned, as she packed her stuff up. "I'm gonna head out. Beach parties aren't really my thing."

"What? Who am I supposed to talk to?" she panicked. "You're kind of my only friend...besides Layla. But, she's off playing football. Bitch."

"Asher?" Liv suggested, nodding her head towards the brunette. "He hasn't been able to take his eyes off of you since you stepped foot on the beach."

"Weird," she hummed, looking up from her lap and waving at Asher who was indeed staring at her.

Evelyn had also decided on leaving early and since she arrived with her brother she had to get up from the chair and walk over to him and the group of boys to retrieve her keys from him.

"Ricky, I need my keys," she said, holding her hand out. "I'm sure one of these guys can drop you off at home."

"Wait, you're leaving?" Asher asked, looking up at her.

"Yeah," she shrugged. "Liv left and Layla has Spencer...there's no point in staying."

"Just take your keys," Enrique groaned. "I have a date after this, anyway."

"And you're gonna have her pick you up?" she retorted. "Classy."

"Well, let me walk you to your car," Asher offered, standing up from his chair.

Jordan scoffed watching the two walk off together. "Eager, much."

"You don't have to walk me. I parked pretty far," Evelyn spoke up, as she and Asher walked in silence. "It's no big deal."

"I wanted to," he shrugged, shoving his hands into his pockets. "Plus, you said I'd see you after winter break...and uh, I guess I just wanted to talk to you."

"Oh," she blushed, looking down at her feet as they stopped in front of her car.

Asher subtly grabbed ahold of her hand as they came to a halt, the blush on her cheeks increasing at his touch.

"Hey, just a crazy idea," he said, looking down at her. "Maybe you and me can go and get a coffee one of these days. Like, together. I mean, we don't have to...You probably don't want to and—"

"Asher," she giggled, cutting him off. "You didn't even let me answer. Of course, I'd like to go and get a coffee with you. Just tell me the time and the place. I'll be there."

"The time and the place," Asher nodded. "I'll hold you to that, okay?"

Evelyn gave his hand a squeeze before releasing it. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Asher stared at her car, watching as it safely drove off. The loss of her hand suddenly making him feel cold before he turned back around and headed straight for the beach and over to an extremely angry Jordan Baker.

2x01

a/n: genuine question...Are people enjoying this FF? It's getting reads and some votes but, no comments, lol. So, I'm not sure if people like it or not.