jealousy

a/n: this flashback might depict Jordan as a "bad guy." But I swear it's not Jordan slander. I just want to showcase their relationship and how bad things were between them.

✧✧✧

Flashback: 6-ish Months Ago-

"Who the hell is that guy, Evelyn? I'm not gonna ask again!"

Evelyn threw her head back in annoyance. She and Jordan had been arguing nonstop for the past couple of weeks and it was getting exhausting. He was constantly jealous about any guy that went near her and that wasn't a part of their "inner circle." Their arguing got so bad that even their friends were annoyed.

"Jordan, can we not do this here?" she hissed, snatching her phone back from his hand. "I think our friends are sick of listening to you run your mouth."

Layla, Asher, and JJ stared across the pool table in the cafe at the couple wide-eyed. They were just there to just hang out but Jordan had seen his girlfriend's phone vibrating uncontrollably and took it from her back pocket. The text messages from an unknown number popping up on her phone and making him upset.

"Run my mouth?" he scoffed. "You're the one not being honest. You're probably cheating on me."

She responded sarcastically. "Oh, I'd be so lucky."

"What the hell's that supposed to mean?" he spat, angrily.

"It means that I'm so sick of you," she groaned. "Honestly we should just br—"

"Guys!" Layla intervened. "We can all hear you...Um, I think I speak for all of us when I say please go outside. Or stop arguing."

"See?" Evelyn scoffed, bumping her shoulder against Jordan's as she walked away. "Told you they were sick of you!"

"Me?" he groaned. "You're the one receiving messages from some guy."

She crossed her arms across her chest and tapped her foot as they stood outside of the cafe. "And what makes you think the messages were from a guy? Hmm?"

"I don't know," he scoffed. "Your only friends are Layla and my sister. Layla is literally here with us and my sister is at home. Plus, the number isn't saved. You're obviously hiding something. That's like cheater 101."

"Did you even read the messages, Jordan?" she asked.

He shook his head. "No."

She pulled her phone out, unlocking it, and handing it over to her boyfriend. "Do you think I'm cheating now?"

Jordan felt stupid as he read the text messages from a random classmate from her fourth period, reminding her to turn in her share of the project they were working on.

"Evelyn, I'm so sorry," he sighed.

"Yeah," she scoffed. "You should be. I'm gonna walk home because I don't think I can deal with being in a car with you or I'll literally jump out while it's moving."

Jordan stood speechless watching as his girlfriend had once again walked away from him. Regret flashing through him, knowing that he was so quick to blame her and not even bother to hear her out first.

end of flashback-

✧✧✧