friendship

Waking up, Evelyn felt better than she has in days. She had been successfully avoiding Jordan, her friendship with Layla was back on track. But, there was one person left she still had to talk to, her best friend, Liv.

"How you feeling?" Enrique asked sliding in beside his sister at the table while she ate breakfast.

"Well, I don't feel like wanting to die. So that should be a good sign," Evelyn said, biting into a piece of toast and throwing him a thumbs up.

"I punched him," he blurted out. "Actually...more like, I attacked him at practice. Coach let me get in a few hits before he pulled me off of him."

"Look, I know what Jordan did was terrible," she sighed. "But, please, don't try and attack him, again. But, I am curious...Does he have a black eye?"

"Oh, yeah," he grinned proudly. "Black eye and a busted lip."

"Good," she hummed, nudging his shoulder. "You're the best. You know that right?"

He nodded. "I know."

"Hey, twins," Joaquin greeted, walking through the kitchen and waving at the two.

"Hey, dad," Enrique said.

"Hey, twins," he repeated, looking at his daughter.

"Oh, she's mad at you," Enrique informed him. "Something about believing her cheating son of a bitch boyfriend over her."

"That's not how it went down. I believed Billy. Not Jordan...Who I'm very upset with by the way," Joaquin told the two.

"Don't worry about him. I handled it," Enrique said, cracking his fingers and smirking.

"I should probably be more upset about what you're insinuating. But, I'm not. He deserved whatever you did," Joaquin scoffed, before turning to look at his daughter. "Look, I'm sorry about the way I yelled at you the other day in Billy's office. I was just upset about hearing that my daughter could potentially be a pothead."

"Nope. Not a pothead," Evelyn said. "Apology accepted."

"Good. Should we talk about you falling asleep on a park bench next to Asher?" he questioned.

"What?" Enrique yelled.

Evelyn grabbed her purse from the counter, shoving her phone into her back pocket, and quickly hopped off of her chair.  "I have plans. Bye!"

☆☆☆

Evelyn had texted Layla asking her if she was with Liv and she was. Layla told her to come to the cafe so that they could finally talk since Olivia wouldn't stop talking about how Evelyn was ignoring her.

As she entered the cafe she immediately spotted Layla and Liv sitting at a table together and walked over to the two. "Hey," she greeted.

"Hey," Liv sighed.

"I'm sor—"

"Don't apologize for anything," Liv told her. "I know what happened between you and Jordan. The bruises on his face from your brother were kind of a dead giveaway. Plus, my dad was really pissed at him for blaming the weed situation on you and for cheating."

"Oh," she mumbled. "He's your brother, I didn't want to put you in the middle of anything. Plus, I was just going through a lot."

"I get it," Liv said, grabbing her friend's hand. "And I'm sorry for what Jordan did to you. He's an ass."

"Yeah, he is," Layla scoffed.

"Can we stop talking about him?" Evelyn suggested. "I'm finally getting to a place where I feel normal and not so heartbroken."