forbidden kisses

✧

"You think Asher and Liv are together?"

Evelyn trailed slowly behind her brother as they entered school. The thought of her best friend and the guy she had a growing crush on looming over her head.

"God, Evelyn. I don't know!" Enrique groaned. "Just ask if you're so damn curious."

"I'm not curious," she sighed, bringing her iced tea up to her lips to take a sip. "But, like, that's a big deal. Ash hasn't seen his mom in a year and he asked Liv! Not me...which is understandable because I basically told him to leave me alone."

Her brother turned around lifting his hand up in a threatening way. "I'm begging. Shut up!"

"Hey, twins. What's up?" Jordan greeted, as they walked past his locker. "Mind if I borrow your sister?"

"Take her!" Enrique yelled, practically pushing his sister towards her ex-boyfriend. "But, if she comes back crying, I know where you live...Happy birthday by the way."

"Happy birthday," she said, with no enthusiasm as she looked up at the light-skinned boy. "I only bought Liv a gift because you're a dick."

"Thank you. That was very touching," Jordan teased, touching his heart. "I wanted to apologize."

Her ears perked up, suddenly interested in what he had to say. "I'm listening...Go on."

"I haven't been the best guy in the world and I know that," he sighed. "But, I'm extremely sorry for not accepting the fact that you didn't want me back. And for telling you that I don't want you happy if it's not with me. Of course, I want you to be happy, Evelyn, and if that means with Asher so be it."

"Apology accepted," she grinned. "But, I don't think me and Asher are gonna work out."

He raised his eyebrow up at her and threw her a half-smirk. "Oh?"

"Doesn't mean I want you," she snorted, swatting his shoulder in a playful manner.

"Okay, I'm still not talking to you for crashing my car," Liv said rushing up to Evelyn and Jordan.

"You did what?" Evelyn asked, widening her eyes at him.

"Would've told you but we also got our phones taken," Liv grumbled, glaring at Jordan.

"Okay, this seems private," Evelyn mumbled, turning to Liv to hand her a small gift bag. "Um, happy birthday. I'm glad you were born today. Love you!"

"Love you more!" Liv yelled after her friend.

☆☆☆

A surprise birthday party for Jordan and Olivia wasn't entirely how Evelyn wanted to spend her night. But, seeing as her brother practically begged her to go and he couldn't do anything without her. She reluctantly agreed, even though she knew it was a bad idea considering that Layla was the one who was behind the whole party idea.