homeless

SHE FOUND ME IN AN ALLEYWAY, crying to myself with my tough hands buried into my face

SHE FOUND ME IN AN ALLEYWAY, crying to myself with my tough hands buried into my face. My hair was an untamed light blue color, tangled and dirty. My skin was rough and slightly bleeding. The skin around my eyes was even worse. My clothes were wrinkled, and I somehow lost my shoes in the process of my homeless journey.

A day earlier, I had accidentally murdered my whole family, as my quirk abruptly developed.

Everything I touched turned to dust and ash, and I was so confused and dazed that I grabbed onto my sister, my dad...my mother.

I roamed the streets begging for help, but no one would even look at me. I disgusted them.

But as I sat alone in a brick alley, a young girl appeared in front of me.

I'm not sure how old she was. Maybe my age. Maybe younger. Maybe older. She could really be any age you wanted her to, she just had one of those faces. She had a blue backpack on, a white dress, and flip flops.

"...Why are you sitting here?" She whispered to the boy, standing directly in front of him with lost eyes and a blank expression.

"..." The boy looked up, then looked back down, his chin dropping to his chest.

"...Your face...It looks crackly."

"...Crackly?" He rasped lowly.

The girl took a seat beside him against the wall, looking down the alley as people walked the sidewalks of downtown.

He turned to her with surprised eyes. "...What are you doing?"

"...I am sitting next to you."

"...Okay...Why?" He murmured, genuinely confused.

"I am homeless. You look homeless. We can be homeless together. Lets start our own family." She turned to him, grinning.

The words struck my heart. Hard.

A new family...I just lost mine...She must not like hers...We could be a family.

"My name is y/n."

"...Tenko...Shimura."

"Are you hungry?" The girl stood up again, walking slowly towards the street. "Let's find something."

"I..."

Y/n stopped, looking over her shoulder to see Tenko curl up into a ball.

"...I don't wanna go out there. People will just stare at me."

"...So?"

"...So...I don't like it when they stare."

"..." Y/n pressed her lips together. She walked back to Tenko, reaching for him and grabbing him by the wrist. She forced him to stand, and her hand started to casually drift against his, making Tenko panic. "Come on, let's-"