disguise

"WE NEED TO CHANGE YOUR LOOK!!" Toga clapped her hands, sitting y/n in a chair before twirling around the room

"My look? What's wrong with it?"

"Nothing, you're BEAUTIFUL!" Twice shouted, as he was laying on the couch and watching from afar with Mr.Compress.

"You read your letter, didn't you? The old you wants to hide from your friends. So it's crucial that you aren't recognized." Compress explained, pulling off his mask to reveal his face.

Y/n's eyes went wide as she stared at the man, her eyes quickly averting in the other direction. Oh my...He's gorgeous...

"So! What should we change about her, boys?!" Toga faced Twice and Compress, placing her hands on her hips.

"Her hair, most definitely. Make it darker." Compress suggested.

"OO! HER EYEBALLS!!" Twice exclaimed.

"My eyes?" Y/n placed her finger below her eyes, massaging them.

"Oh yeah! You're eyes are so weird, that anyone would be able to tell who you are!"

"My eyes aren't weird." She pouted.

"You've got no pupil. It's like you just have a gray...ball, in your eye socket." Toga shivered. "So we'll get you brown eye contacts! I'll dye your hair a dark brown too. Make ya look as plain as possible. Compress! Fetch y/n a cool costume!"

"On it."

"Costume? Like a hero costume?" Y/n gleamed, her shoulders lifted at the thought of wearing somehting flashy.

"Yeah!"

"So your costume is...a school girl?"

"Mhm!"

"Ooohhh I like it."

"Thanks!"

As the three gave y/n a makeover, they told her the stories of how society and the socially accepted heroes, rejected them as villains. How unfairly they were treated. The struggles they had faced.

This molded y/n's hatred for the heroes. Deepened her anger for them.

Why did they do this?

To ensure she wouldn't want to turn against the League.

Hopefully, her memories wouldn't resurface. Otherwise,

it would cause major confusion for her.

Hawks trailed behind the girl he believed to be y/n, keeping his footsteps light

y/n, keeping his footsteps light.

Why does she look so different? Her whole appearance is changed. And what's up with her outfit?

So she faked amnesia? If she really did lose her memory, then why would she change her appearance.

As y/n turned a corner, Hawks pressed his back against the wall, looking around the edge to watch the girl from a safe distance. She had stopped in front of a door, entering inside a room and leaving the hallway. He caught a quick, yet clear glimpse of her face.

Yep, it's her. No doubt.

He sighed, sucking his teeth with a smirk. She's one sly girl. Always has been.

She thought she fooled everyone that she was dead.

Everyone but me.

I theorized that she'd fake her death.

It started with our conversation on the rooftop. Yes, her sob story and amazing crying skills were convincing. However, there was something that seemed...off.

"Because I've come to terms with it."

Hawks paused, his shoulders and wings relaxing. "What?"

She was giving up a little TOO easily. She wasn't a person who'd let death kill her, unless she could decide when death could kill her.

And then she didn't want us to find a solution to stop her death? Sure, she hates asking for help, but it didn't seem right.

But I let it slide. I took a risk, and let her "die". Once she did, I offered to go to the morgue and investigate her body. See if it was real.

Glad I did, because it was obvious it was a double. Created by who, exactly? Well, I only know one person who can create such realistic copies;

Jin Bubaigawara. A.k.a, Twice.

Thanks to me acting as a spy for the Liberation Army, I've gotten to know Twice quite a bit.

He missed a crucial detail about y/n. One that sets her apart from anyone else.

Her teeth.

She has dangerously sharp canines in her mouth. Those were not there when I identified her body at the morgue. If Twice had caught that, I just might've been fooled.

Thankfully...It was a lie...

She's alive...

She's okay...

I can see her again. We can call each other names and she can yell at me and it'll be back to normal.

Hawks shifted his foot out from behind the wall, ready to approach the room that y/n entered, when he quickly stopped himself.

Wait...

I can't do that...

If I reveal I have a connection with y/n while working with the Liberation, I'll make myself look suspicious, especially since I'm not aware of how the League knows y/n themselves...

His wings fell. How can I bring her back without risking everything?...Is there a way?...I can't be too hasty...

UGH SHE MAKES ME SO MAD! I'm already dealing with enough right now!!

Y/n opened the door, exiting into the hallway. She looked up, briefly seeing a man with large red wings huffing to himself, before turning around to walk away. And for a short moment,

the two made eye contact.

She blankly watched the man disappear around the corner, confused. "...Was that...A bird man?"

A bird man?"